javacentral

I Love YTtalk
So I made this video about random sauces, including spicy siracha mustard, put in coffee and trying it as a creamer. It was pretty stinkin fun to make and moreso to edit! Let me know what you think of it and if there is any changes that may need to be done. I appreciate any tips or ideas!

It looks like you had fun and is a fun watch for sure. I'll give you some production pointers. All of these came from my years working in radio and tv and anyone else who has the experience would say the same thing.

Mic. Your voice doesn't match the level of the opening music, which was great. Keep the mic at chest level as much as you can which will let you speak at a regular voice.

Camera. It's called the "3 button shot" meaning, if you are wearing a dress shirt the top of your hair touches the top of frame and the 3rd button touches the bottom. Watch any news anchor and once you see it you can't unsee it. It keeps a tight perfect frame everytime.

Pictures. It's up to you but the rule we always used was cut in and fade out. This way it pops in catching attention and then when the viewers eyes drift off it disappears softly and they don't really notice it or get distracted by it.

Dead air. Some of the pauses are 2-3 seconds long and while once you get going it's engaging enough to go to the end at the beginning its not tight enough and may turn people off and they never get to the fun stuff. So I'd say no silence or black over 1/2 second of it can be avoided.

Hope it helps!

It looks like you had fun and is a fun watch for sure. I'll give you some production pointers. All of these came from my years working in radio and tv and anyone else who has the experience would say the same thing.

Mic. Your voice doesn't match the level of the opening music, which was great. Keep the mic at chest level as much as you can which will let you speak at a regular voice.

Camera. It's called the "3 button shot" meaning, if you are wearing a dress shirt the top of your hair touches the top of frame and the 3rd button touches the bottom. Watch any news anchor and once you see it you can't unsee it. It keeps a tight perfect frame everytime.

Pictures. It's up to you but the rule we always used was cut in and fade out. This way it pops in catching attention and then when the viewers eyes drift off it disappears softly and they don't really notice it or get distracted by it.

Dead air. Some of the pauses are 2-3 seconds long and while once you get going it's engaging enough to go to the end at the beginning its not tight enough and may turn people off and they never get to the fun stuff. So I'd say no silence or black over 1/2 second of it can be avoided.

Hope it helps!
Part of the mic thing is, I think I just need to bring up the volume on it. In editing, I have to do that so you can actually hear it, so I think I'll just turn it up a bit more.

I've heard of the rule of thirds, meaning you are a third of the camera frame and the other 2/3s are split to each side. I definitely fit what you are saying though and I'll have to keep that in mind!

The dead air, I keep that mainly because my favorite YouTube channel, good mythical morning, has their own will it series and when they eat or definitely anything there is a bit of dead air but on most of my videos, i try not to have that for sure!

Thank you sir your tips though, I really appreciate it, especially coming from someone who has done it for a living!

Thanks. I don't mean during eating or drinking but cutting down the gaps before and after each scene , I think, keeps people from being bored. Good luck

Back