Not Going As I Planned...Should I be doing more?

Jordan Levy

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
My name is Jordan Levy, and I am 15 and am a singer/dancer/musician. I started my channel over a year ago, and I post as much as I can. I have an EP out on iTunes as well as YouTube, and am releasing more music soon. I promote myself on as many platforms as possible, but my audience is not growing as I planned. Is there more I should be doing?

Thank You

WeegieMovies

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian, Reviewer
Live gigs? Busking? I thought that was a more established route for musicians than itunes, youtube etc. I know musical networking can be brutal as I've directed a few music videos for local bands, and it's amazing how hard it is for even the most talented folk to get the word out. Good luck with your journey!

Reactions: Jordan Levy

Video Game Knight

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Oh I imagine getting a music channel attention would be pretty hard. You said you are promoting yourself on lots of platforms so I am guessing that includes the obvious like Twitter and the such. I don't really know a lot about how to promote music stuff sorry. Is there a network that could potentially help you? There is also Spotify but I don't know how to get doing stuff with them. Wow this is hard haha. My usual advice doesn't sound like it would really work for you sorry. You could try reaching out to some other channels. Perhaps they might share their tips!

Lrulesok

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It will take time so don't worry. The only thing you could do is collab

Mick

Make Life Fabulous
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
nothing ever goes as planned. Stick with it , keep doing your best and it will grow. Make sure you have things like descriptions, tags, thumbnails, titles. you can always change your thumbnail and title if the original didn't work out. I know how hard it is, sometimes you are on social media for a whole day sharing like crazy and only collect a little amount of views.