New Channel or Keep The Old?

filmfoolsproductions

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi YT,

It's been a while since I posted but I'v been busy with school, work, and getting my web series together! Now that most of the difficult parts of pre-production is done I've got a question. Should I host The web series on my current youtube channel that does multiple things like skits, short films etc. or make a standalone channel for the web series and ask my subs to go there too?

Ampix0

Web Design Tutorials
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I just struggled with the same thing. I decided to leave 4.5K subs behind as I prepare to launch my new channel. It depends on branding and content. Will your current subs be fans of the new content? Is the new content for a new audience? Can you better "sell" the show under a new brand? Do you have enough subscribers now for it to matter?

Uncivilized Elk

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Unless your other stuff completely ruins the feel of the new series there is no reason to start a new channel (an example, the Marble Hornets web series is supposed to feel like it's happening in real-time and be scary, that group of people also happen to have a comedy channel though and mixing the two would be a complete and total disaster and obviously they didn't do that).

But if the content doesn't contrast or ruin the channel, no reason to get another.

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Given your current subscriber count (if the channel linked at the bottom of your posts is to your current channel), I would say put your series on your existing channel. I'm a big fan of channels that offer more than one thing, broken up into playlists, and I definitely have subscribers who only watch one type of video but not the others. If you had a huge fan base of one type of viewer, I'd probably give different advice, but it looks like you're just building an audience, so gathering people who like a lot of different things is probably to your advantage.

ChrisLegend

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You already have a solid amount of subscribers right now so I'd say keep it on the old channel. I'm sure some of the existing ones would really like your new stuff