New camera advice?

AmberAndGolden

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Okay, Simple question. How much aprox would I need to spend to get a good, crisp video quality?
What kind of camera would I need to get?

I recently upgraded from a crappy, probably £50 camera to a £200 camera.. and as much as that was a huuuuge quality boost and I'm very happy with the quality I'm at in this moment, I feel like it could be a whole lot better.
My camera is a Lumix DMC FZ72, just for reference

I was also thinking about investing in some nice lighting.. Unfortunately, wearing glasses is an issue with this, since I like wearing my glasses in my videos, since it's kind of part of my whole being.. but the reflection on my glasses from a box light or a ring light I feel like it would be very... annoying...
Any advice on that, too??

Any advice at all to improve my videos would be great, if theres anything you can see straight up thats wrong or could be improved then let me know!
(the video in my signature is NOT an up to date video.. I just can't change that one yet since I need to have V.I.P... oops)

Thank you for your suggestions!!

D_halfrican

I've Got It
Reaction score
So first off i am a bit envious because you have a type of channel i want informative personality besides that your quality jump with your camera and your awesome mini buttons fit you very well.
When it comes to lighting since you have plain walls you can use them as bounce cards get some cheapo can lights from hardware store some daylight bulbs for them then point them at the walls outside your shot so its even lighting but it shouldnt show up in your glasses

Kyleibrium

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
The Canon EOS Rebel T5 would probably be a good start and as far as lighting goes cowboy lighting would be good to look at over on amazon.
Hope that helps!
Myself I use a Logitech webcam that shoots 1080p and does good for what I need.

D_halfrican

I've Got It
Reaction score
I almost got a t5 but there's no articulating screen so your guessing a good portion of your video

Kyleibrium

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Couldn't you place it on a tripod and just hook it up to you computer and run it like a webcam so you can see what it see's from your monitor?

D_halfrican

I've Got It
Reaction score
Most cameras that ive used cant use external port and record at the same time no hdmi or usb while recording

Kyleibrium

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I though that one could cause I was thinking about getting it before to use as a webcam for my Let's Plays series but decided to go with Logitech for price and convenience till I get a bigger fan base. I dunno might be worth googleing cause I believe there's software that taps into your camera to use as a webcam.

D_halfrican

I've Got It
Reaction score
I have a samsung nx1100 if you can find it ill be more than happy to try lol

Kyleibrium

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It has to be a DSLR camera and the program is called SparkoCam it syncs to your cam when plugged into the pc and lets you use it as a webcam I believe you can even check for compatibility in there database.

Kyleibrium

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You can see tutorials on YouTube if you need help

D_halfrican

I've Got It
Reaction score
Thanks for the link ill have to check cuz now that has to factor into my buying check list for the next camera