Networking on Youtube

TheSlothEmperor

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Back in the day networking seemed to be a pretty big thing, nearly all my friends on YouTube came from me joining networking groups and working together in order to better our content, I have found over recent months that networking on YouTube has seemed to decrease and I find it hard to find new people to talk to about each others content.

Just wondering what everyone's attitudes to networking are and if anyone still networks?

(Just for anyone who doesn't know what networking is)
Networking is where you work with other channels around your size or bigger in order to improve your content, normally you comment and watch each others video's and give feedback to each other.

Reactions: Time Jacker

MattyGreen

Music and Mess...
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Not part of any sort of networking group but would like to be. My issue is that we've just started as a channel so focusing hard on making good stuff before really pushing hard to make friends and so on. Plus, we're tiny so therefore we can't offer other channels anything in return for them helping us so yeah! Just my side of things!

Time Jacker

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Back in the day networking seemed to be a pretty big thing, nearly all my friends on YouTube came from me joining networking groups and working together in order to better our content, I have found over recent months that networking on YouTube has seemed to decrease and I find it hard to find new people to talk to about each others content.

Just wondering what everyone's attitudes to networking are and if anyone still networks?

(Just for anyone who doesn't know what networking is)
Networking is where you work with other channels around your size or bigger in order to improve your content, normally you comment and watch each others video's and give feedback to each other.
I'd say that people are still networking. I see a lot of collaboration videos still being produced and I see lots of community activity in lots of channels comments sections. YouTube has a lot of social network elements to it and it'd be mad not to use those.

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I keep trying to network, but I just become friends with people instead.

Reactions: coliwob

Zerodecoole

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
caesar.wtf
Channel Type
Other
I used to be really social and talk to various YouTube channels every day on YouTube and AIM but I slowly stopped doing that, I miss the comment section chats but I really don't want to get Google+

But I like networking, I still have friends that I met on YouTube 6-7 years ago and one of my 2014 college assignments contains a track from a YouTube channel that asked me to check his videos out in 2009, I like to have those kind of throwback connections in my videos =D

TheAlphaJayShow

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I just started networking with other youtubers. With the right ones, not only can they help your channel, but they motivate you if you keep in contact.

But I always say, its like in school, when you had group projects in a classroom with no friends. :D:p

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have a friend that has an automotive channel which I have networked with in the past. He is at 5K subscribers and I am sitting at 2.3K right now. I am currently editing a car review I did with him. We are both in the video this time, a first for my channel, and I think we feed well off each-other. He is definitely the mechanic, knows a lot about cars. I am pretty green in that regard. I can't wait to finish editing and upload that video.

slayerkm

Daily Vlogger
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Networking is something i'd love to get involved with, i struggle to find other people that i could work with. I joined a collaboration channel and i thought this would be amazing a bunch of other youtubers we all had a day each to upload throughout the week but they didn't seem to put the effort in that i feel i did, no thumbnails crappy quail so ive slowly moved away from it.

I would just love to meet some like minded people with the same drive/passion as me but that seems hard in all aspects of life not just Youtube.