Vlog Need some formatting advice for a huge upcoming project

sofiaajs

Hello all!
In two weeks I'll be embarking on an adventure to my hometown of Sydney (I live in the US right now) with my little sister. We're both minors so it is bound to be an interesting time.
Now normally I'd refer to this as a "vacation", but we're basically going to be living there for a month.
I'll have access to a monorail right near the house, so we'll be able to go wherever, meaning this is the perfect opportunity to do a series of vlogs about it.
I draw a lot of my vlogging inspiration from big names like JacksGap, Casey, and Juliensolo. Jacksgap does less daily vlogs and more "big highlight" sorta projects, which is generally what I try and do, whereas Casey and Julien do more of the daily thing. I'd like to try doing a daily vlog, but I'm worried that it won't be interesting enough, especially since I don't have a point and shoot camera and the AF on my dslr is garbage, so my subject options are limited.
I guess what I'm asking is your opinion- should I do a daily vlog, or a few major vlogs? Keep in mind my family will be watching to see what I'm up to, so I'd like to make it a bit personal, which favors the daily style. And with your suggestion, how would you recommend I get more interesting shots/content?

Thanks so much.

On our channel we do 'A Day In My Life' videos because it means we can plan to do a bunch of stuff on that day rather than feeling like we need to do something every day to be interesting. What I'd suggest is, film as if you're daily vlogging and if there is enough that is engaging and interesting, use it. If you look back at footage and don't find it too interesting, use the interesting bits in a highlight video or something. The best thing is to be flexible with vlogging to make sure it's always fun for you and your viewer :)

Back