Need software advice

Jkcu

Reaction score
Hi, my name is JKCU, I am a gaming channel who is grateful for what he has. I love my 10 subscribers so much but I need advice to keep them entertained with high quality content. so I need some video ideas, a free editing software on the pc and a screen recorder/ capture card app that is also free. You see, I record and edit my videos all on my ps4, and Ive been playing fortnite for way too long and I feel like I need to be appealing to a different audience but I just don't know what games to play. Thank you so much for taking your time reading this

Stike96

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Free editing software: DaVinci Resolve
Free Screen Recorder: OBS
What games you should do: Do games that you genuinely are excited to play, you'll probably naturally want to play different games over time anyway.
Other Video Ideas: Maybe highlights of your gameplay, tutorials on how to get/do certain things in-game.

Jkcu

Reaction score
Free editing software: DaVinci Resolve
Free Screen Recorder: OBS
What games you should do: Do games that you genuinely are excited to play, you'll probably naturally want to play different games over time anyway.
Other Video Ideas: Maybe highlights of your gameplay, tutorials on how to get/do certain things in-game.
thanks dude :)

Reactions: Stike96

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the recording / editing / production / software / hardware forum. :)

Seenix

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Free stuff - VideoPad editor, OBS recorder
Play anything that YOU want to play, and you'll grow an audience that wants to watch what YOU like, not what THEY like

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
no need Davinci Resolve for gaming channel. for what?

Did you show your face or studio? If yes by using a decent 1080p camera with a good room lighting (or cheap china made LED) you’ll be fine.

just focus on contents style (editing, flows, etc), eye catchy Thumbnails (or stupid and funny) as well as Titles and Tags.

Not much to do on editing for gaming channel in my opinion. As long as you play good, you gave them inspirations, ideas, tips & tricks, suggestions, you’ll grow eventually.. but always remember, in the future, if you want ‘more’, nothing is free.. do saving a bit and buy premiere pro monthly

so i suggest you to focus on content styles. Regularly check on YT trending Game category. Try to keep up with that.