Need Advice. (Content)

Justoshow

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Animator
Hey everyone,

My channel started out just as a comedy sketch channel, but now I am into vlogging (weekend and if I do something worth vlogging during the week). So my channel will consist of vlogging, comedy and probably diy/wood projects, story time, and home improvement stuff. Is this too much? Should I stick to a niche type channel? I want my channel to be entertaining and diverse like me.

Sinc

Mr Not That Famous
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
create playlists and maybe a schedule so people know what to expect, it's a bit much, maybe just dedicate your channel to "Self", so you can upload whatever you want, that's what i did.

Reactions: Justoshow

thepaulsociety

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It does sound a little scattered however as mentioned above playlists should help viewers find the content they want

Blunt Brittany

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have a couple different types of content that I do on my channel and playlists have really been great to my channel! I encourage them! I have considered opening another channel just for vlogs but I don't think I'm at that point yet.

Justoshow

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Animator
create playlists and maybe a schedule so people know what to expect, it's a bit much, maybe just dedicate your channel to "Self", so you can upload whatever you want, that's what i did.
Hmm... Self channel is good idea.

It does sound a little scattered however as mentioned above playlists should help viewers find the content they want
I do have the playlist as well. Maybe I could just do it all in VLOG style video.
I have a couple different types of content that I do on my channel and playlists have really been great to my channel! I encourage them! I have considered opening another channel just for vlogs but I don't think I'm at that point yet.
That's good to know.

I will check out all of your channels when I get home.

Thanks!

Kush Patel

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
You might benefit from opening a second channel so people can see whatever they want.

Dismal Bliss

www.BDRC.tv
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
So my channel will consist of vlogging, comedy and probably diy/wood projects, story time, and home improvement stuff. Is this too much? Should I stick to a niche type channel?
I feel ya, lol. I have a mishmash of content myself, from vlogging to tech reviews to pranks to just random stuff I uploaded. Currently I have decided NOT to try and split up my audience or manage multiple channels, so I have been making use of the Playlists to help organize things.

The only downside is when I know I lost a sub because a couple videos back to back were not the content they were subbing for.

Justoshow

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Animator
I feel ya, lol. I have a mishmash of content myself, from vlogging to tech reviews to pranks to just random stuff I uploaded. Currently I have decided NOT to try and split up my audience or manage multiple channels, so I have been making use of the Playlists to help organize things.

The only downside is when I know I lost a sub because a couple videos back to back were not the content they were subbing for.
You got a point there.

Reactions: Dismal Bliss

ChargunHD

The FawX is on the Hunt
Reaction score
Website
www.twitch.tv
Channel Type
Gamer
What @Dismal Bliss mentioned, this might deter people away from your channel due to the constant change of content and no consistency.

If you really want to grow and really want to develop your channel I say stick to something that you can manage, you enjoy and that you can turn around and say to someone "This is what I do"

I say stick to the sketches, invest more time, money and effort into your sketches and production and no doubt you'll climb the ladder of success so high to the point where people will beg for you to start vlogs.

Plus if your sketches lift off, god only knows who might be giving you a call *cough*ComedyCentral*cough*.

Keyser Reveal

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I think you can get away with 1 niche and vlogging. A lot of channels are vlogging along with their niche. Good luck