You can accept products for review, but never accept payment for reviews. Sponsored videos and reviews are different things, and being paid for a positive review is a no-no.
A friend of mine gets free stuff just to review it, I'm thinking of making a new channel just to get free stuff! She is honest in the reviews and puts a disclaimer at the bottom that getting the free product does not sway her thoughts.Hey guys so I do mostly beauty and fashion on my channel. Well I got an email today from a company called stylewe asking me to do a review. I'm super excited since this is my first one but I am not sure how to respond. I would like to do it but I want to make sure they know I will be honest in my review and I guess I don't know what is standard for something like this. I'm not super big but I am growing so do I ask for free items or do I just ask for a discount? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
You can accept products for review, but never accept payment for reviews. Sponsored videos and reviews are different things, and being paid for a positive review is a no-no.
Well folks I did some research and then I emailed saying I was interested and wanted to know more details. Basically they told me how awesome I am and my channel was, and they want me to do an independent review... So to me that mean they want me to buy their stuff and review it.. I'm a little bummed to say the least. Should I just ignore them or maybe say something like if they came to me to review then I shouldn't be paying for it? I'm guessing I'm gonna have to pass...
Once again thanks so much for all the tips and advice!
Hmm. That's a good idea! I'll email them. Its worth a shot! Thanks![DOUBLEPOST=1459523784][/DOUBLEPOST]So I took your suggestions and emailed them back with the request to add the video on Facebook and they are sending me a credit to get some items for free to review! Thanks so much for the tips and thoughts. I am really excited!Yep, that's what I thought it'd be to be honest. Sounds like they're sending out that email to everyone, just trying to get free exposure. There's nothing at all in it for you so I'd treat that email for exactly what it is: spam.[DOUBLEPOST=1459439253,1459438621][/DOUBLEPOST]Edit:
@Bombiebru I've just had another idea that could be win-win. If they don't want to pay you or to give you free products, then you could make a deal with them that if you make a video review of one of their products (at your expense), then they must agree to posting a link to your video on their facebook page (over 50k likes ) It could be good exposure for your channel. If they refuse that, then I'd honestly not bother with them.
Plus dont forget, you can order from their website and probably return it after the review as per their return policy (check their return conditions though) ^^
So I took your suggestions and emailed them back with the request to add the video on Facebook and they are sending me a credit to get some items for free to review! Thanks so much for the tips and thoughts. I am really excited!
