My CPM is very low! :(

MPigeon99

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Here's the problem: I earn an incredibly low amount of money for the number of views I get. My CPM used to be just $0.5 and now it's even more tragic ($0.3!!). Everyone is so excited when Christmas comes around because they get a ridiculously high CPM during that time frame, yet for me it simply means I'm gonna earn 55 cents instead of 45 per 1000 views.

The worst part? I've been getting over 2 million views for the past 3 months so a higher CPM would make a huge difference. Heck, I'm not even asking for a high CPM. I'd be happy with like 70 or 80 cents per 1k views but it's just not happening.

Yes, I make GTA 5 videos. Most of them get demonetized but I appeal and they quickly get reenabled for monetization. My videos are also quite short (cca. 5min) but not extremely short to the point no ads would appear. But surely I should STILL be earning MORE than the measly 40 cents/k on average that I'm getting now? And I've even uploaded two stickman animations and they still ended up with a low CPM (just like my GTA vids) so I guess my channel is just blacklisted now.

And half of my viewers either come from the USA and UK. I've also got a decent amount of viewers from Canada, Australia, Germany etc.

I know the amount of views doesn't correlate with revenue but I feel like something is wrong because I earn next to nothing. I even asked my friends and people on Reddit and they all think it's not normal. They've said it's weird that my CPM is so low.

So I really need some help/advice. What should I do to increase my CPM? Should I join an MCN? :p