Purely Peña

I've Got It
Hey everyone, so I have been m.i.a. from the forums for a while. Really it has been becausxe I have been focusing on my YT channel, and creating different content.

I am glad I could set aside a little bit of time to come back to the forum. I love this forum, and just feel like I need to dedicate more time to it!

Anyway, I am really excited and proud that two of my videos reached 1k + views each. One is my crazy ex boyfriend video, and the other is about my sexual harassment story time video.

I also am a little nervous because I recently posted two more videos which are a little controversial, but I felt for my channel, and for my sanity, I just had to come out with it and say it. (speak my truth).

One of which is a video about racist/ well known youtubers. The other is about me being atheist. I am nervous how people will react but look forward to the discussion they bring.

Anyway, hello again to all of you, and if any of you have any videos out there that might be slightly controversial too, and you are worried how people will respond, maybe we could support each other? :)

HELLO! I am glad you decided to try and be more active on Yttalk! It is def a fun place to hang out sometimes.

and YAY! That is really cool that some of your videos have been doing really well :)

In regards to your sort of controversial videos: I think those are both really good ideas for videos. On the internet talking about things like that actually do really well. Just look at the Nicol Arbour video. That skyrocketed her success on youtube. She doubled her sub count in just one weekend because of that I Hate Fat People video. I am not saying I like her video, but it is a tactic that can work. Also both of your video ideas I would definantly watch, they sound intriguing to me.

Thanks babe! Yes, I agree videos like this can get a lot of attention, and Nicole Arbour got really famous off of that horrible video (I'm a fat people :-(
Although, I just think of her as kind of trolling. I want to put out videos that can open up conversation, and yeah, maybe a little controversial, but it wouldn't be to slam people on their looks like Nicole did. Also, all the videos I will put out I want them to be truthful, for real, and not trolling. Have you ever noticed youtubers put out videos and the title says like " plastic surgery on nipples gone wrong in Mexico?!!!????" and then you click on the video, and the whole thing is a stupid a** vlog, about them making a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Then after 35 minutes they casually mention they saw something in the news about a botched plastic surgery? OMGOD that pisses me off so bad. lol. I WILL NEVER DO THAT!!! haha

lol yeah I hate videos like that. I think you can report those though? If the title or thumbnail aren't related to the video. You don't sound like you would be someone to be a jerk in your videos :)

Lol true dat, I pretty much don't like videos that trick people into watching them, when they are nothing related to what the title says except for maybe a few seconds of the video they quickly mention it. LAME. ugh lol

I appreciate the fact that you allowed your comments to still be visible to everyone. I noticed you were responding to a lengthy question on your atheist video in a calm and respectful manner, which is really great especially with such a controversial video! Hopefully it will spark some really balanced, thought provoking conversations.

I appreciate the fact that you allowed your comments to still be visible to everyone. I noticed you were responding to a lengthy question on your atheist video in a calm and respectful manner, which is really great especially with such a controversial video! Hopefully it will spark some really balanced, thought provoking conversations.
I hope so, and it means a lot to me that you stopped by to check it out!

I think it's great that you're not shying away from controversial topics that you want to talk about! And like @Brinkbabe91 said, controversial topics can get a lot of attention on Youtube (even if some of that attention is negative), so it's a good idea for that reason too.

Never be afraid to speak your mind on something. It helps to spark debate and with Debate can come understanding. Also remember to not feed the trolls. When you open the door on a subject you can get heated and angry posts on your channel. Don't rise to the bait and get into a shouting much. Show your better then the haters and that will show people that you are speaking from a clear and focused place rather then just rash emotions.

Back