My Channel Got Demonetized (Opinion Required)

Reaction score
Mychannel Link-https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEWi2MsJ2B7D95hI5ZFlIsw

I had a old channel which was monetized than i cleared all my old content and started with new work (top 10 list videos), some videos of which is now on my above channel. Due to some reasons i kept my work on hold and was not uploading videos. Recently i checked it and saw that monetization has been disabled on account of "Repetitious content" [that last year change in youtube policies]. Relevant extract of broader reason of demonetization is given below for which i need honest advice & would be greatful if someone can review my videos and can confirm whether such content can be monetized or not & if not what are the issues in it and what could be the possible solution. One this is that i use Text to speech program for voice but my work is transformative in regards to copyright. Thanks for any possible help from your guys.

RELEVANT EXTRACT OF YOUTUBE POLICIES-

Repetitious content. This is content that appears mass-produced in order to increase views without adding significant educational or other value. Examples include:
  • Synthetic voice reads third-party content or nonsensical content
  • Content on a channel with minimal changes from video to video
  • Repetitive or mindless content with no additional educational value, commentary, or narrative
  • Content that’s been mass-produced or generated programmatically
  • Image slideshows or scrolling text with minimal or no additional narrative, commentary, or educational value

Automatically generated content
Automatically generated—or “auto-generated”—content is content that’s been generated programmatically. In cases where it is intended to manipulate search rankings and not help users, Google may take actions on such content. These include, but are not limited to:
  • Text that make no sense to the reader but which may contain search keywords.
  • Text translated by an automated tool without human review or curation before publishing
  • Text generated through automated processes, such as Markov chains
  • Text generated using automated synonymizing or obfuscation techniques
  • Text generated from scraping Atom/RSS feeds or search results
  • Stitching or combining content from different web pages without adding sufficient value

cbpayne

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Mychannel Link-https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEWi2MsJ2B7D95hI5ZFlIsw
Does not meet the requirements of 1000 subs to be considered.

As the videos just consists of computer generated voice over static images that are not yours, then it will not be approved even if eligible for consideration.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
i use Text to speech program for voice
Well that is obviously against the rule that you quoted:

I have just watched the first seconds of the Venice video and yeah. Why don't you do the commentary instead of that annoying voice ?

Reaction score
Does not meet the requirements of 1000 subs to be considered.

As the videos just consists of computer generated voice over static images that are not yours, then it will not be approved even if eligible for consideration. But yes it could be falling under one of the point. Can you please point to the point they are covering me.
Yes subs & views does not meet the criteria but the reason for demonetization is different which i stated.

Yes content has synthetic voice but than isn't the work fall under tranformative work under copyright..so using such images is legally allowed i believe. But yes maybe my content not complying wirh some or one point in polixy points states in OP. Please if you can point to the point because may be i am biased in judging it, i cannot see which point(s) i am falling in.

cbpayne

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Yes content has synthetic voice but than isn't the work fall under tranformative work under copyright..so using such images is legally allowed i believe.
Thats fine. Nothing illegal about it. YouTube just choose not to monetize such content.

Reaction score

I have just watched the first seconds of the Venice video and yeah. Why don't you do the commentary instead of that annoying voice ?
Yes i use synthetic voice but the videos are not nonsensical or use third party content (but we take input form various sources and than rephrase summarize add)..so do we still fall under this point?

Reaction score
Thats fine. Nothing illegal about it. YouTube just choose not to monetize such content.
So anyone now starting with Top 10 List Videos video whether with TTS or own voice in which he/she uses images from google would not be eligible for monetization?

Reaction score

Because we tried our own voice but we concluded neither the voice is good neither we were comfortable but that could be just because we were comfortable with TTS voice.