Multiple end-screen on your video: Too overwhelming?

dina

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
hey guys, i am sure not sure about this, i wanted to know if having three(3) to four(4) end-screen on your video is too much, (for those that don't know end-screen are videos that pops up almost at the end of a video). I personally use about 3 to 4 on my videos, not that anyone has complained about it, but i just need you guys opinion on this, what do you think?

OrbitGuy

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I always use all 4 just because I never know exactly which thumbnail might make the viewer click. More thumbnails could be extra chances to have them see one they like.

Reactions: markkaz and dina

Dewmonic Abyss

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
As long as you make it look neat, I think you'd be fine with multiple end screen video thumbnails. It offers a more varied selection to your viewers. I don't typically use end screens, though, because I like to have fanart and social media links at the end instead, which leaves it kinda crowded. And that's just me. :p

Reactions: dina

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I always use four but they might not always be links to videos on that channel. I have other channels and sometimes I cross-link if it makes sense. I also link directly to the other channels.

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I think this fits a little better in the strategy forum, so I've moved it there. ^^

CloudCJay

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
hey guys, i am sure not sure about this, i wanted to know if having three(3) to four(4) end-screen on your video is too much, (for those that don't know end-screen are videos that pops up almost at the end of a video). I personally use about 3 to 4 on my videos, not that anyone has complained about it, but i just need you guys opinion on this, what do you think?
I would say using 3-4 video End Screens is fine, I would recommend using them for the last 7s-5s. A full 20sc of End screen is very long and it doesn't look good as well. :)

Highfalutin' Low Carb

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I can't post a link, but Tim Schmoyer just posted a video two days ago to his Video Creators channel called "How to Get Discovered on YouTube in 2017." Toward the end he discusses End Screen elements and calls to action. He said studies show that the LESS options available, the more they are clicked. One option is most effective and will be clicked the most. Two options is okay, but gets less action than just one. But studies show that when there are three or more end screen options, almost none of them are clicked.

Something to think about, at least. It's the same principle in dining and shopping: too much choice creates decision paralysis and the end user chooses to actually do nothing, instead of making an actual choice.

Reactions: Gamayun and dina

Gamayun

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I use 2 options ( Logo and video link) some time 3 (logo and two video links)[DOUBLEPOST=1504231541,1504231026][/DOUBLEPOST]
I can't post a link, but Tim Schmoyer just posted a video two days ago to his Video Creators channel called "How to Get Discovered on YouTube in 2017." Toward the end he discusses End Screen elements and calls to action. He said studies show that the LESS options available, the more they are clicked. One option is most effective and will be clicked the most. Two options is okay, but gets less action than just one. But studies show that when there are three or more end screen options, almost none of them are clicked.

Something to think about, at least. It's the same principle in dining and shopping: too much choice creates decision paralysis and the end user chooses to actually do nothing, instead of making an actual choice.
Thank you for the info about the video

Quick Question

Questions Answer Everything
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
No I think you should have 2 or less. Just have your sub button and then one video you want them to watch next, I mean they can only click one option might as well make it easy for them to decide.