Monetize video with saying "swear/curse" word backward

Since when do you have to censor swearing? I curse in literally every sentence and all of my videos were monetized before the 10,000 view limit. And have been in the past (new channel.)

You can monetize, but ADVERTISERS would not place ads on your videos. They put ads on PG friendly videos. Some advertisers are fussy about it.

Because I saw youtube rule about swearing. That's why I'm asking.

Can you monetize a video you cuss in? Sure. Will it stay monetized? Who knows.

YouTube's newest take on the subject is a three tier ... none, strong, explicate... rating system with this nice little line on the NONE category:

"Free of any strong, coarse, or other potentially offensive language. Even mild cursing such as "hell" and "damn" or words that are bleeped should be rated as Strong language."

Previously on YouTube's monetization page it said even if you bleeped out offensive words your videos could be demonetized for inappropriate language. Considering how haphazardly everything seems to being handled, whether they would do anything or not isn't anything any one person can definitively say.

With 3 views I'd say you've got plenty of time to figure it out... but if you want my honest opinion... you're doing a gaming channel, which might be watched by little kids, don't cuss, it doesn't make your videos better.

"Free of any strong, coarse, or other potentially offensive language. Even mild cursing such as "hell" and "damn" or words that are bleeped should be rated as Strong language."
Yes, but these ratings are for paid content, and you as the uploader can choose to apply them manually. For those who upload free material with profanity should use age-restriction which will automatically disable all ads. However, even if your video content is age-restricted, it can still be penalised by community guideline strike... and maybe that strike will cite "profanity' as the main reason for it.

In the end, I think the vulgar language in videos is still accepted and if someone really doesn't like it and has your video reported, the YouTube staff can age-restrict the video for you. But then again, wouldn't the reviewer also consider giving me a community guideline strike? How can we know, which of these two options are easier for them to apply? Would it depend on the reviewer's mood? Questions questions.

Yes, but these ratings are for paid content

Exactly, and that was what @Markiepie was asking about, cussing on monetized videos.

As far as age restriction, reported videos, guideline strikes and manual reviews... from what I can tell, each creators experience is different. One cusses with no repercussions while another with no foul language has their videos demonetized. Seems to be a guessing game ...and your guess is as good as anyone else's.

Back