Mission : Bully Carl | Golf With Your Friends Funny Moments

Dutchie Abroad

Exploring the world one video at a time!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
I hope you don't mind giving you unasked advice. I clicked the video because the title intrigued me and I like Golf with Friends, but, though funny, the first 30 seconds of the video have nothing to do with the title. Then when the video started the bad audio quality made me click away. I can tell you a lot of people would have clicked away after 10 of 15 seconds. You might want to keep this in mind when editing your videos.

PhysicsFreak101

What a Gamer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I hope you don't mind giving you unasked advice. I clicked the video because the title intrigued me and I like Golf with Friends, but, though funny, the first 30 seconds of the video have nothing to do with the title. Then when the video started the bad audio quality made me click away. I can tell you a lot of people would have clicked away after 10 of 15 seconds. You might want to keep this in mind when editing your videos.
Yeah, the clip is from a really old show which is why the audio is so bad, but my audience retention on that video is actually much better on that video than others. I just thought it would be a funny way to start the video.

Dutchie Abroad

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Yeah, the clip is from a really old show which is why the audio is so bad,
Ah, no, I know the show. But it's not that audio I meant. I meant the actual audio from you guys talking. But good to hear the retention is good! The joke at the start just might really suit your audience :) But 30 seconds is still quite long, so maybe keep that in mind for future gags.

Reactions: PhysicsFreak101

PhysicsFreak101

What a Gamer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Ah, no, I know the show. But it's not that audio I meant. I meant the actual audio from you guys talking. But good to hear the retention is good! The joke at the start just might really suit your audience :) But 30 seconds is still quite long, so maybe keep that in mind for future gags.
Yeah, my audience is a bunch of meme-ers XD. I'm actually working on another video that has a bit better of an intro, and I'll try to see what I can do about the audio quality. Is it just low bit-rate or is their static, what is it? It might just be someone else's mic, but if it's something that I can fix I want to know. Also, can you check out this intro and tell me what you think? It's on my second channel btw.

Dutchie Abroad

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Yeah, my audience is a bunch of meme-ers XD.
Brilliant xD Seems like you have a good connection going with your audience!

Is it just low bit-rate or is their static, what is it? It might just be someone else's mic, but if it's something that I can fix I want to know.
It is multiple things. Especially the difference in audio levels. I have to carefully listen to hear what some people are saying, but then when you talk it is blasting in my ears. It was also very chaotic, but I can see that is just your style of videos (just not my own preference, but that's okay. Just means I'm not your intended audience).

Also, can you check out this intro and tell me what you think? It's on my second channel btw.
Okay, first of all the audio is waaaay to soft. I had to turn up my volume to max and I still couldn't catch what you guys are saying in the beginning. And then when you scream, that's really loud. Also, the keyboard is reaally loud and distracting.
You might want to download Audacity and follow some tutorials on how to improve your audio. A lot can be gained with some normalization and volume adjustments. Your audio is the most important thing in videos like this, take that away and you only have a boring screen capture. So make sure you invest time into it to make it good.

PhysicsFreak101

What a Gamer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I actually boosted the audio for the keyboard sounds, cause we were battling to see who had the loudest keyboard, and the audio for the intro is boosted in the actual video that is gonna be coming out. I forgot to boost it for that, and never reuploaded it cause it's just a preview. I changed a couple things in the final draft, and I actually use audacity, and the noise reduction feature to try and get rid of static, but my friend Pandahzz has a really static-y mic, which I will try and cover up by using music. With the golf video, I can see why you would say that the audio levels are messed up, and I'm gonna try and fix that in my new video. Thanks for the tips, and I'll be sure to try and incorporate everything you recommended in my next video!