Chef Cotoletta

Reaction score
I'm actually doing everything with my phone lol
Taking the video, editing.
Second stage record a vocal with my phone (HuaweiueueiiwOO), clean compress etcetera with a free software.
Re-edit with the voiceover

Krisfire

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Director
I use a few mics depending on what I'm doing.

Rode NTG3 Shotgun mic for most videos and all short films

Movo vxr4000-pro Shotgun mic as my on camera backup

Audio Technica ATR2100 Dynamic mic for voice overs

2 Audio Technica Lav mics for weddings (If I end up needing them)

I have all these mics mostly to make sure that when I need something different for whatever reason I actually have one on hand and I don't have to worry about it.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Here are the mics I use:

Rode NTG2
Deity SMic2
Rode Stereo Video Mic Pro
Rode Lav Filmmaker Kit

Overall, I am very happy with these systems :)

ODDySEEy

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I found a microphone at a junk sale... it was just the microphone and sending unit for a Radio Shack FM transmitter. The olde wireless lav mic's. I took it, cut the wire, googled a how to, then connected it to a TRRS connector (the ones used on more modern phones). Now I use a Galaxy S7 to make all my videos and a Galaxy S6 in my back pocket to record.

Simpsonthego

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger
What is the best lavalier mic? I have a vlogging channel and sometimes the shotgun mic is a little intrusive looking when I am filming in places that don't like when I bring in a mic on top of my camera and make me take it off. So I am looking at getting(hopefully inexpensive) a lav mic for those situations or just do better audio in case my shotgun mic doesn't pic up everything well. Any suggestions would be great! Thanks!

opbmedia

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Guru
I have the rode lav, but I've gotten lazy and just use the shotguns. Now I have 2 Rode Video Micro (1 on Sony RX100 and 1 on GoPro) and a Rode Video Mic on a GH5. I actually think its better when I bring a camera with a mic on top.

ZlousyYT

Reaction score
I've recently bought the Neewer NW-800 and 48V Phantom power supply (Both needed) for £30.98 and it's great aside from the minor buzzing but I think that is due to my sound card so I will be getting an external one. Please note that the microphone doesn't work without a power supply (48V Phantom power supply recommended)

Fazza

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
At the moment I'm using the built-in microphone of my Logitech Brio 4K webcam which is OK, but not ideal. I hope to be getting a proper microphone soon as I've sent some things off in the post for a voucher for CeX where I can then get a proper microphone from - once that's gone through I'll come back for some advice on the ones I can afford if that's OK? :)

LandyVlad

Super Poster
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Rode Video Micro
effective range?

I'm also looking for a half-decent but affordable lavalier mic.
I plan to do some outdoor filming not necessarily in close proximity to camera. eg camera will be captring a landscape and I might be sitting on a rock somewhere 10 or 20 metres away. (just a hypothetical example)

I heard somewhere that the Rode lav mics aren't the best in their price range.

Open to suggestions, please.