SidTV

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I have a shure vp. The battery life is really great. It picks up from quite far away. I recommend it over the rode series because of the battery life and build quality.

Smit Gaming

Reaction score
Hello,

I have wasted soooo much time on searching for that perfect mic setup, I also wasted a lot of money to. I hope to help you make a good fast no waste decision! I could name a list of all the mic`s I tried and tested but meeh... The winner is The Audio Technica AT2035 with a UX2 interface. A little costly, but think of it this way, no need for extra programs like Audacity and learning those 3rd party programs. A one time Setup, set it up once and every stream and video will sound the same, every time! PERFECT! The time you save is worth it, trust me!

Many Thanks.
Smit.

spartanfit1

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Great thread. I have been looking for something like this for awhile now. Thanks!

ShyJosh

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
AT2020 for me. Everytime I hear comparation between AT2020 and something else, AT2020 beats it for miles.

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Never noticed this popular thread. duh. If it helps anyone I have a video review of the Boya BY-M1 lav clip on mic (I only have 5 upload so easy to find). Quite popular for newbie youtubers and well recommended on youtube in general. Works with moby, pc, DSLR, more. Very cheap but records well. Don't know If i'm allowed this shameless advertising.. but seemed relevant.

Vax

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I love my Blue Yeti, I picked it up to do a marketing project in college and I could never go back to using regular headsets ever again!

G33n0

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
The microphone that I use is the Audio Technica AT2035. It is just like the AT2020 but is XLR and a little bit bigger. You need an audio interface for it to work though so I personally recommend the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2. I am very pleased with the quality it provides as well as the ease of use. Just plug it all in and download the drivers and you'll be good to go.

TheAustrianGuys

TeaRoller
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Whoah there sure are a lot of people using the Blue Yeti and Snowball! So I'll have to step out of line and say that I'm using the Samson Meteor Mic. It may sound dumb, but I really like how it looks xD but also the audio quality is good for it's price of about 50 € currently on Amazon.

unevenflaps

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Blue snowball or yeti are pretty decent in terms of having a mic that works. Only problem is that they tend to malfunction meaning that your computer forgets them and stops picking them up even though they work fine, currently rocking n audio technica at2035 which i love and captures a nice full sound.