I use my Razer Kraken and so far it's good for now, but i'll need to replace it very soon since i'm not that happy with it.
Everytime i record it picks up the mouse clicks and it's highly annoying later in the postproduction -_-

I have nothing but good things to say about my Audio Technica AT2020 Condenser Mic. A little overkill for a beginner's mic, but if you know you want premium audio quality this is a good choice. Had it for years and will continue to use it until it dies.

Hiya! Where i live there is a lot of ambient train noise. When using a mic like the Yeti it picks up the chug-chug noise of trains. It's not overpowering but it is there.

I am looking to buy the Sony camcorder FDR-AX53. It apparently has a stereo mini-jack and an accessory shoe to connect an external mic.

If i use an external mic, the type that clips on to you, would this help reduce the train sound by just recording the sound in the immediate vicinity, i.e. me? Also is there a type of mic connection I should look for and is there a remote mic that you recommend to use with it?

Another microphone that I've seen YouTubers use (also the one that I use) is the Razer Seiren

I can vouch for the Blue Yeti, quality and robust. I would also say though that unless your content is totally reliant on top notch audio quality don't spend too much on a microphone. So unless you're a musician or producing something like ASMR don't worry about a not being silky smooth on that audio channel :)

I'm thinking about buying a mic to use in recording commentary for my videos, but I don't really have the money for a Snowball or Yeti, I was looking at some $20-$30 usb mics on stands and was curious what you guys thought about cheaper mics, I am very much into the idea of it being USB and not XLR as I am probably going to be using my 10.1" tablet for recording voice or maybe even my phone and I have used adapters with those to use full size usb devices.

Back