Mic recording inssues! Please help!

Bow2WildChicken

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey guys. I am having the biggest issue with my mic. Its a condenser mic, and when i record, its also picking up my computer sounds. I dont have speakers, and my headset isnt loud enough. It is effected by the volume, and i know it happens in audacity. As you can guess, as a lets play youtuber, this is a very annoying issue. Do you guys have any idea what i can do to fix this? Im on windows 10.

Lizzeelive

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If you record your audio with Audacity, which is free by the way, you can use the noise reduction effect before recording.

Bow2WildChicken

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
which i do do that, but it doesnt stop it from recording my gameplay noise too! It doesnt record it if i mute it, but then my headphones dont get any audio love :(

Lizzeelive

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Have you tried the noise gate plug in to remove it? Is that still a thing? We used it in a technology course I took at one point...

Bow2WildChicken

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
honestly, ive been a mac user for the last 6 years. I just started a couple of weeks ago using windows. i have no idea what a noise gate plug in is lol.

Lizzeelive

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You download it I'm pretty sure from audacity and you extract it, and then copy and paste into the audacity files. There is probably a tutorial on YouTube.

Bow2WildChicken

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
ill have to look into it. Its not like its picking it up from external. Its like something internal thats recording it though. its really strange. maybe my mic is just possessed or something lol.

Lizzeelive

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Haha! Maybe! You never know! :p That is all I can think to help with it. I'm sorry if it doesn't help any.

Lizzeelive

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Haha! Windows isn't too hard to get used to!