Massive drop in views on kid channels

Reaction score
Website
beboandbuggy.com
Channel Type
Other
How do I see how much traffic is coming from YouTube kids?
I try to search for my videos on the kids app, and they won’t come up. My whole channel is marked for kids and views are growing a little bit. But I don’t know how to see if/ how much traffic is from the kids app

Redterrors

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
You will get more resolved (more focus /attention) through him than discussing it on here (unfortunately)
To be clear, I am not quitting Youtube because of dropping views. Although we have been very fortunate, I have never tried to rely on this and I always knew that the end would one day come. I have been on Youtube for over 10 years. I am quitting because I don't want to be associated with Youtube anymore. The kids niche was once an amazing group of creators that did it for the right reasons. Don't get me wrong, I am grateful for the experience, but unfortunately leadership at Youtube LLC has utterly failed to allow the niche to survive. I absolutely despise what has happened to our niche and the egregious incompetence that flows from Susan Wojcicki is mind-numbing.

We all sit back and bow down to the almighty people at Youtube and just hope that they will continue to allow us to earn them money. Despite billions of dollars of ad revenue flowing to this corporation, they can't even fix major problems in a timely fashion much less address the needs of content creators. They say, "Youtube cares" and "we are transparent". This is utter rubbish. We all say well there is no legitimate competitor and we just have to adapt. Give me a break. Stop supporting and feeding this monster.

Reactions: just Moto

lejack

Reaction score
How do I see how much traffic is coming from YouTube kids?
I try to search for my videos on the kids app, and they won’t come up. My whole channel is marked for kids and views are growing a little bit. But I don’t know how to see if/ how much traffic is from the kids app
Traffic source types>More>Youtube Product

ilikeswords64

Reaction score
To be clear, I am not quitting Youtube because of dropping views. Although we have been very fortunate, I have never tried to rely on this and I always knew that the end would one day come. I have been on Youtube for over 10 years. I am quitting because I don't want to be associated with Youtube anymore. The kids niche was once an amazing group of creators that did it for the right reasons. Don't get me wrong, I am grateful for the experience, but unfortunately leadership at Youtube LLC has utterly failed to allow the niche to survive. I absolutely despise what has happened to our niche and the egregious incompetence that flows from Susan Wojcicki is mind-numbing.

We all sit back and bow down to the almighty people at Youtube and just hope that they will continue to allow us to earn them money. Despite billions of dollars of ad revenue flowing to this corporation, they can't even fix major problems in a timely fashion much less address the needs of content creators. They say, "Youtube cares" and "we are transparent". This is utter rubbish. We all say well there is no legitimate competitor and we just have to adapt. Give me a break. Stop supporting and feeding this monster.
Our camp shares a lot of the frustrations that you do Terrors (with the organization). We're done here, but we're not just going to turn things off, because YouTube ultimately won't care if we turn things off. Susan's pocketbook will continue to grow bigger. There will always be more creators than advertising dollars - the well is designed to not run dry. We've been kind of quiet over the last few weeks, spreading our assets out over other monetization platforms that smaller creators can't really touch (none of them come anywhere near to Google Ads - but we don't care at this point). We then intend to take our channels and focus on kids niche creator advocacy, highlighting the steps that YouTube made in the wrong direction and emphasizing various aspects of the organization that don't make sense. YouTube is going to turn into a minefield if enough creators do this. We understand that the result of this will be a spiraling of our channel out of control and a net-loss of revenue for the company. We've managed to grow big while staying small(ish) and so our employees won't be impacted because of the diversification of our assets to other platforms. It'll set us back a few years but we can afford it.

MeachamLake

Reaction score
Revenue from my end is still low, but has gone up consistently over the past week even though my views have actually gone down! Figure that one out...

dv2000

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Revenue from my end is still low, but has gone up consistently over the past week even though my views have actually gone down! Figure that one out...
i guess you didnt mark for kids so a lot of targeted ads are sent to other niches

dv2000

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Our camp shares a lot of the frustrations that you do Terrors (with the organization). We're done here, but we're not just going to turn things off, because YouTube ultimately won't care if we turn things off. Susan's pocketbook will continue to grow bigger. There will always be more creators than advertising dollars - the well is designed to not run dry. We've been kind of quiet over the last few weeks, spreading our assets out over other monetization platforms that smaller creators can't really touch (none of them come anywhere near to Google Ads - but we don't care at this point). We then intend to take our channels and focus on kids niche creator advocacy, highlighting the steps that YouTube made in the wrong direction and emphasizing various aspects of the organization that don't make sense. YouTube is going to turn into a minefield if enough creators do this. We understand that the result of this will be a spiraling of our channel out of control and a net-loss of revenue for the company. We've managed to grow big while staying small(ish) and so our employees won't be impacted because of the diversification of our assets to other platforms. It'll set us back a few years but we can afford it.
besides netflix, amazon, common sense media , facebook, roku, batterypop that's it unless it is a local platform. YT has no competition

Redterrors

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Completely agree. I feel a sudden relief of stress no longer caring about what the algorithm will do next. I have instead focused my efforts on bringing down this monster. I hope to have a federal lawsuit filed in about six months. Let's see how Youtube does outside of the friendly confines of California where judges bow to silicon valley.

dv2000

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
I still don’t get how end screens are related to tracking. Is yt trying to limit new channels from forming?