Massive drop in views on kid channels

dv2000

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Last edited:
Reactions: markkaz

basilico

Reaction score
my monetizing is closed 2 or 3 days ago. i see now. is it a problem? i gave 42k $ possibility ? or this new rules will start january 1? my youtube career is finish now :) i will delete my channel

dv2000

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
my monetizing is closed 2 or 3 days ago. i see now. is it a problem? i gave 42k $ possibility ? or this new rules will start january 1? my youtube career is finish now :) i will delete my channel
Why is it closed? Did you use someone else’s content ?

basilico

Reaction score
Why is it closed? Did you use someone else’s content ?
no i dont use someone elses content. my channel about thomas and friends. race and unboxing. But i change my channel for 1 or 2 weeks i make food recipe videos. because my channel dropped. i try and then again i turn back toy channel.

Jungle Explorer

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Okay, I am going to post this here instead of starting a new thread, but really it needs to be its own thread.

This has to do with the main argument being used to push the FTC to do what it is doing. The main argument is not that children's information is being harvested (which is what COPPA actually prohibits). The main case being pushed by those that are behind all of this effort to go after Content Creators directly, like Ryans World, is this. The case they are pushing is that young children do not have the psychological maturity to distinguish between a kid just playing with toys and a paid actor playing with toys they are promoting, and that YT channels that target kids are intentionally taking advantage of this psychological immaturity of children to make money off them.

Now personally, I don't have an issue with that reasoning when it comes to kids being more influenceable to suggestions. You don't need a degree in child psychology to know this. But the reality is, children, don't have money to buy things with. So no matter how much they are psychologically vulnerable to suggestions and influence, and whether they can distinguish between a child actor or a real kid playing with toys, it is all irrelevant because they child cannot make a buying decision alone. An adult parent or guardian is the one who actually makes the buying decision, and they do have the capacity to distinguish between a paid child actor and a regular child.

This where I see the whole argument against children's content creators on YT falling completely apart. I personally think the real issue here, is that we have a bunch of PARENTS that don't want to say NO to their kids and tell them they're not getting that toy that they saw on YouTube. So instead of being a responsible mature adult, they just don't want their kids screaming in the Wal-mart checkout line, "I WANT IT!!!", so they don't want them to see any product promotion on YT made for children.

Can I get some Amens?

Reactions: Duby

dv2000

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
no i dont use someone elses content. my channel about thomas and friends. race and unboxing. But i change my channel for 1 or 2 weeks i make food recipe videos. because my channel dropped. i try and then again i turn back toy channel.
Who knows anymore. Past three years it is a cluster f. Constant attacks on YouTube and YouTube does some crazy stuff.

dv2000

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
This is the problem when you have no competition. Imagine if NVIDIA was the only gpu chip maker left. They can do whatever. If YouTube had competition we would see a checkbox saying a parent is ok with data collection.

Duby

Reaction score
You mean they demonetized you? I opened a new channel I started uploading videos of children to create the 4000 hours when I got to hide those videos and start uploading other content ... and they demonetized me too ... you can't mix two contents ... I can choose to monetize on that Soo channel on December 5, but after deleting the videos of children they have left the 4000 thousand hours so first I must accumulate them with a single type of content, guys we are all lost .. keep trying with your channelsm open new channels do not know close the possibilities of exploring new niches .. everything is possible. just don't give up ... 1 out of every 100 lon achieves on youtube ... just try it 100 times if necessary! cheer up!!!

Reactions: basilico

dv2000

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
You mean they demonetized you? I opened a new channel I started uploading videos of children to create the 4000 hours when I got to hide those videos and start uploading other content ... and they demonetized me too ... you can't mix two contents ... I can choose to monetize on that Soo channel on December 5, but after deleting the videos of children they have left the 4000 thousand hours so first I must accumulate them with a single type of content, guys we are all lost .. keep trying with your channelsm open new channels do not know close the possibilities of exploring new niches .. everything is possible. just don't give up ... 1 out of every 100 lon achieves on youtube ... just try it 100 times if necessary! cheer up!!!
I guess they now really check if you are doing what you love or it is just for the money. it is hard to say but they made it so hard that we dont know what to do

Redterrors

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
CNBC is supposed to be airing a story from the Youtubers perspective on this issue tomorrow. Jeremy Johnston was interviewed. The Daily Caller did an interview with Jeremy Johnston as well. Daily Caller is a conservative media group and they are reporting on how this is excessive government regulation. Hopefully this attention will result in people understanding how culpable Youtube is in this matter. This won't change the permanent injunction, but it could force Youtube to take the hit and not kid creators. This attention will go nicely with all of the attention on DOJ investigating Google for antitrust issues. The days of Google/Youtube pushing people around, particularly the government, is coming to an end.

Reactions: markkaz