Massive drop in views on kid channels

yt talk, please fix misspeled woirds red line . If you misspell it doesnt underline in red untill you start clicking here and there

My analytics still show 0 as in zero views from the kids app...despite over 2500 kids videos.....does that mean I won't have to designate my videos as kids videos in Jan 1 st ? The algo clearly does not see them that way.

It is considered duplication if you reuse parts of your own content in other channels.

It depends. If it is the exact same video, just with a different title and description, that is duplication. If it is a new video that includes part of an old video, possibly with a new soundtrack, then it is not duplication. To the best of my understanding, you can reuse your own content as long as you do not use it in its unmodified entirety. But as we all know, with YT, the rules are about as clear as the water of the muddy Mississippi River, so it is all just a guess.

I once made a fishing video that I did not talk in (it was really windy that day) and relied on background music and the old YT Annotation system to add dialog. YT got rid of the Annotations system and the video ended up blank with just a music soundtrack. It is a popular video and I did not want to get rid of it, but it made no sense since the dialog was gone. So, I took the original track and did a complete voice-over of it (as if I were talking live in when the video was shot) and uploaded it as a new video because YT has no way to replace an old video or edit an old video (this why we need this function). So the video is the same, but the soundtrack is completely different. Apparently, YT does not see this video as duplication, because it fulfills a different purpose.

The best thing is to do your own thing and not worry about what other people are doing.

Last edited:
Well , I thought things were changing, I was on a roll the past 2 weeks as the views were going up almost daily , until yesterday, then BANG.....almost like a switch, lost over half my daily views. I don't mean, they were removed, I mean that my most popular 3 videos had their views drop by half, so i guess they were suggested videos and my videos " all of a sudden , all 3 of them " lost placement....dare I say throttled ?? Also on average about 15 of my top 25 were made pre-2016 ....despite having made about 600 videos since then...and they aren't huge views, my top video is getting only 180 views per hour....not like the old days for sure...so my total views per hour now is 700 vph, and I have 2880 videos.... sad...

Back