Massive drop in views on kid channels

digitalist

Reaction score
I have 2 similar channel with "DIY for Kids and Moms" videos. I change one of my channel's videos to "not for Kids" other is still "for kids"

When i changed my channel's videos to "not for kids" views are down 80% in 2 days. But "page RPM" increase %300 (similar to 1 month ago level)

should I change my other channel now, i don't know..

Reactions: Leal

eric3316

Reaction score
I have 2 similar channel with "DIY for Kids and Moms" videos. I change one of my channel's videos to "not for Kids" other is still "for kids"

When i changed my channel's videos to "not for kids" views are down 80% in 2 days. But "page RPM" increase %300 (similar to 1 month ago level)

should I change my other channel now, i don't know..
Shouldn't you change your channel based on who the target audience is and not where you will earn more money. We all know right now the money is with not for kids videos but that is not a factor in choosing who your videos target.

digitalist

Reaction score
Shouldn't you change your channel based on who the target audience is and not where you will earn more money. We all know right now the money is with not for kids videos but that is not a factor in choosing who your videos target.
I show the children what they can do. I show the families what they can do with their children as a family activity. Who should I target?

Unfortunately, I am not doing a social responsibility project. This is my professional job to make money.

Reactions: anonymousssss

dv2000

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
I show the children what they can do. I show the families what they can do with their children as a family activity. Who should I target?

Unfortunately, I am not doing a social responsibility project. This is my professional job to make money.
if you show kids what they can do you are targeting kids. I can tell you honestly coppa law is a money making law for ft. and their elite

digitalist

Reaction score
if you show kids what they can do you are targeting kids. I can tell you honestly coppa law is a money making law for ft. and their elite
I'm not showing children in the videos.

I use semi-advanced crafting tools that can not suitable for children. I show just my hands and what i do. Like 5-Minute Crafts videos.

I guess that too many children watch because it attracts the attention of the children.

But they cannot make most of my videos without family guidance.

eric3316

Reaction score
FTC: We won't actually fine every creator $42,000. We are not here to ruin people's lives and take away their income to live.

YouTube: We are going to ruin every kid content creators life and take away their income to live.

Reactions: markkaz

dv2000

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
what makes me mad is there are no solutions in the future to improve income for kids creators. I doubt COPPA will change and let you have targeted ads again. So how do you solve it?

Last edited:

dv2000

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
it looks like we all gave up. I guess we should enjoy what we created and support it then. Have a good time my fellow content creators !!!

GiggaVega

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
Ok, so here is the unspoken reason why COPA was enacted. It was ALL Youtube's fault. Does anybody remember the "Youtube Heroes Program"?
It was basically youtube wanting to cut corners & hired a bunch of Youtubers to police videos. With enough clout you were given access to all of Youtubes powers as an admin, you could flag, ban, suspend & most important of all, you could contact any creator.
Long story short, it was not Youtube that was gathering Children's data, it was Pedos that were gathering data & contacting children. By the time Youtube woke up it was too late. The program lasted a few short months but it was enough to cause all this collateral damage. Why do you think that all of a sudden, all the childrens' account had their comments disabled by Youtube? Why do you think they increased the amount of subscribers needed to livestream from your phone? (that is what kids use to stream from generally)
Kids should never have been allowed on Youtube unless it was a family channel with mom & dad. I have long contemplated making a video about it but it is a very volatile topic & I would rather not have that on my channel.

Reactions: KiddieToysReview