Lots of gamers in yttalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gamers are the majority of everything YouTube related. And anyone who is a YouTuber wants their channel to be seen. Whether they mindlessly promote it or keep it to themselves.
So chances are a YouTube related forum will be mostly gamers. xD
 
Everyone wants to be the next pewwhatever. Now, to actually find a you-tuber that does it for their own enjoyment seems to be rare. I post here, I put my videos up. But I am not here to mindlessly promote my stuff. My VIP even expired this month, couldn't auto renew.
 
my question is why do so many people hate on "gaming" channels? My channel is based around games, but I know I put more time into producing and editing than most other channels. Just because someones content is game based doesnt mean they dont put as much effort into it as the next guy...
 
So many gamers, all in ever-decreasing niche pools. If you look at vloggers, they gain traction so much faster than 'generic' gamer channels. I think you only see gamer channels everywhere if you do one yourself.

YouTube is something different for everyone.
 
There are gamers on YTtalk? Huh... I hadn't noticed.
cry.png LMFAO.

I guess a lot of people like to play video games, and so here we are. Hell, I'm a gamer too, just not on YouTube. There's an ad above the posting area right now promoting Far Cry 4 to me. These ads know me so well. Or rather my dad because I don't play Far Cry or anything like that. I looked at it once and I just wanted to see the price. >_<

Either that or a lot of people think it's a 'get views quick' type of thing, so they flood forums and the internet as a whole promoting their GTA montage or their new Minecraft skin or their new Skyrim mod (<--- That might be old news I'm not sure). I have no idea where this post is going so I'm gonna end it here.
 
View attachment 24152 LMFAO.

I guess a lot of people like to play video games, and so here we are. Hell, I'm a gamer too, just not on YouTube. There's an ad above the posting area right now promoting Far Cry 4 to me. These ads know me so well. Or rather my dad because I don't play Far Cry or anything like that. I looked at it once and I just wanted to see the price. >_<

Either that or a lot of people think it's a 'get views quick' type of thing, so they flood forums and the internet as a whole promoting their GTA montage or their new Minecraft skin or their new Skyrim mod (<--- That might be old news I'm not sure). I have no idea where this post is going so I'm gonna end it here.
I've got a gaming channel that's more than twice as successful as my comedy channel (the one I put the most work into). I don't even promote it here. I don't show any gameplay footage, I just share my b******t opinion on the industry and people actually give a damn. All I'm doing is turning message board rants into less eloquent videos. The demographic is rabid, irrational, and very passionate.
 
On average, I would bet a higher percentage of gamers use forums in general leading to YTtalk being another extension of that game with an exclusive game mode called YouTube that has its own forum :P
 
Gaming is very, very slowly becomming more of a household hobby which means many, many types of people can be into it from different countries, different genders, from kind people to complete arseholes and more. I can't say for sure why everyone else does it but I'm a gamer, gaming is something I'm passionate about so what else would I do?
Start a beauty channel? A car channel? A sports channel?
fuckthat.jpg


It's like asking why an animator would start an animation channel or why a film fan would start a film channel, why someone who enjoys DIY stuff would start a DIY channel etc... It's not just gamers that want to promote their stuff, every genre equally wants the samething, it's just because there are more gaming channels that it seems that way.

my question is why do so many people hate on "gaming" channels?
Because the gaming industry is still demonised by the media and society who lack any form of education.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top