Looks like I've been hit by a bot again..

I was hit by a bot around 2 weeks ago, as you can imagine I removed the video and re-uploaded it straight away, I lost all my genuine views and feedback as a result.

Now I logged on this morning and found one of my favourite and most popular videos has had a similar thing happen, which is extremely dishearting. I was wondering, is there a way to report stuff like this or find the source?

I looked at my stats and it says that the video was embedded on facebook, I have also looked into the video views and this is what I found:

Views Minutes Duration
Russia 12,378 2,727 0:13
Ukraine 6,660 1,457 0:13
Belarus 1,526 341 0:13

I have made the stats public in case someone on the forums can help me or if there is anything else I can do :(

PS: sorry the video link is:

I was hit by a bot around 2 weeks ago, as you can imagine I removed the video and re-uploaded it straight away, I lost all my genuine views and feedback as a result.

Now I logged on this morning and found one of my favourite and most popular videos has had a similar thing happen, which is extremely dishearting. I was wondering, is there a way to report stuff like this or find the source?

I looked at my stats and it says that the video was embedded on facebook, I have also looked into the video views and this is what I found:

Views Minutes Duration
12,378 2,727 0:13
6,660 1,457 0:13
1,526 341 0:13

I have made the stats public in case someone on the forums can help me or if there is anything else I can do :(

PS: sorry the video link is:
Dang, That sucks. I have never had that happen to me by my knowledge

Definitely botted. 23k views from Facebook when you don't personally have a FB with enough followers (you'd need at least 100k likes on your page to get that many views). :( sorry mate

I mean there is a minuscule chance a really, really popular person shared your video but without telling you about it? Or without the visitors commenting that so-and-so sent them? Very unlikely :(

What can you do about something like that, do you get in trouble since you didn't do anything personally

Cheers for checking it out for me Frankie, thought as much!

I highly doubt it, I have literally 0 views on any other videos from those regions. When I first looked at it and saw facebook embedded I knew it was a bot, extremely dishearting! I will need to re-upload again.. this might eveneffect my chances of joining a network as well, just checked my VSX stats and they are well off, hopefully I can let them know when applying, quite bummed out.

Hopefully this will be the last, serves me right for joining shady forums, luckily I deleted most accounts now so shouldnt happen on my latest videos.. I hope!

What can you do about something like that, do you get in trouble since you didn't do anything personally

I believe you can get strikes against your account if you monitize your content, luckily I dont have it enabled. If I was apart of a network I would probably be removed or kicked if I didnt notice it in time..

Back