Looking for some recommendations for a setup

Stephen McMillan

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
So i have been using the PS4 built in capture card to record my game play and using twitch to record the party chat. I have noticed my videos have a slight ... potato quality compared to others and I want to remedy that by upgrading.
Record with the PS4 and edit on my laptop using cyberlink 13
I want to get a capture card to get better quality recording but there seems to be issues with recording party chat and your voice. I have looked at a ton of youtube videos to find out what is the best card to use with the easiest work around without having to use 2 mics, loads of cables and different headsets.
Does anyone have any suggestions for an easy set up and hardware/software recommendations for said set up, or a link to a guide with that information?
Any help would be much appreciated :)

RichGuitarGamer

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
best to get a capture card bro..

I use an elgato which is pricey (£130) i recommend not to upload from ps4 as how are you editing the game videos? your not right? Key tip: people like watching edited videos with your own personalised branding and facecam (i use a sony hdr 220) i did a set up video for my 600 sub special, also i use lighting umbrellas and a simple speaker system for my crew's voices (which ive updated)

hope this helps :)[DOUBLEPOST=1451575799,1451575681][/DOUBLEPOST]ignore the "how do you edit" comment i seen you use cyberlink :D

You should consider getting a proper video camera, as the built in mic of my camera is pretty good.

Reactions: Stephen McMillan