Looking for a good network to join - 500k views a month - 100k sub channel

Beastie

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I recently just got out of a two year contract with Maker, and I don't ever want to go back! :hungover2:

I'm currently not partnered with any network or youtube and my videos are not being monetized. I have no idea who to partner with or what my channel worth is.. i'm basically asking for advice on what i should do, cuz i really don't know. i've gotten offers from networks such as BBTV, Freedom, Ritual, and a few other networks.. but when i look into them online there's always mixed reviews and after being with Maker for two years i really don't want to get locked in with another Sh*^$y Contract/Network..

Some advice on a good network and what type of contract you think my channel could land would really be helpful. :) Right now i'm thinking of joining Curse just because they have a no lock in contract and most people say they're pretty solid.

Super Pawsitive

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Cool channel. Have you thought about joining screenwave? I'm with them and I am fairly happy. 80/20 revenue split. 3 month contract. You get a channel manager you can speak to if you ever need advice and such. I like them mostly because they're very personable.

Shakycow

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Why do you think you need to be in a network and what do you expect from them?

Beastie

Reaction score
Why do you think you need to be in a network and what do you expect from them?
I need a network to be able to monetize gaming content no?[DOUBLEPOST=1478199186,1478199056][/DOUBLEPOST]
Cool channel. Have you thought about joining screenwave? I'm with them and I am fairly happy. 80/20 revenue split. 3 month contract. You get a channel manager you can speak to if you ever need advice and such. I like them mostly because they're very personable.
I've never heard of them. But Curse has a 90/10 split with no lock in so.. :eek:

Super Pawsitive

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I need a network to be able to monetize gaming content no?
Technically, no. That is not entirely true. The idea is that if you get partnered directly through YouTube, you get more revenue yourself. Whereas if you get partnered through a network they take a split of your revenue for approximately the same services and "more".

Most networks will offer you basic stuff. A store to sell merchandise, potential sponsorship deals, etc. At your size, you'll probably be able to take more advantage of these than say, I would be able to. What networks used to offer was a form of protection for YouTube channels. So, if you got a copyright strike they would be able to work that out for you.

While they still do that for you, it is not impossible to do it on your own. You can partner directly through YouTube and get the full revenue YouTube would give you for your video. Keep in mind that you'd be on your own, but that shouldn't be to hard since most things gaming related can be classified under fair use.

I've never heard of them. But Curse has a 90/10 split with no lock in so.. :eek:
I mentioned them mostly because I actually have someone to talk to when I run into an issue or need advice. Most networks don't really offer that unless you're huge. Though, you are decently sized so I don't think that's a problem for ya :p

Beastie

Reaction score
Technically, no. That is not entirely true. The idea is that if you get partnered directly through YouTube, you get more revenue yourself. Whereas if you get partnered through a network they take a split of your revenue for approximately the same services and "more".

Most networks will offer you basic stuff. A store to sell merchandise, potential sponsorship deals, etc. At your size, you'll probably be able to take more advantage of these than say, I would be able to. What networks used to offer was a form of protection for YouTube channels. So, if you got a copyright strike they would be able to work that out for you.

While they still do that for you, it is not impossible to do it on your own. You can partner directly through YouTube and get the full revenue YouTube would give you for your video. Keep in mind that you'd be on your own, but that shouldn't be to hard since most things gaming related can be classified under fair use.
If I partner directly with youtube do i have to submit a form to monetize every single video I create and have to wait an X amount of days for it to get approved? Because that's how it used to work to be able to monetize gaming content on youtube, you HAD to show proof from the publish of the game to be able to monetize it, unless youtube have changed the rules since then.. i don't know.

Super Pawsitive

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
If I partner directly with youtube do i have to submit a form to monetize every single video I create and have to wait an X amount of days for it to get approved? Because that's how it used to work to be able to monetize gaming content on youtube, you HAD to show proof from the publish of the game to be able to monetize it, unless youtube have changed the rules since then.. i don't know.
Don't think you have to show proof unless there is a claim on the video/you get a strike. And you do not have to do that for every single video. Once you're partnered everything is automagically monetized.

Beastie

Reaction score
Don't think you have to show proof unless there is a claim on the video/you get a strike. And you do not have to do that for every single video. Once you're partnered everything is automagically monetized.
Ah, I guess youtube's changed that old system then. I just signed up for adsense gonna try it out and see out it goes. Thanks for the help man! :)

Reactions: Super Pawsitive

BTierK2

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Wait, so you don't have to be partnered with a network at all? My channel usually doesn't have any commentary, its only recorded gameplays, so do I still need to be partnered by a MCN?

thelolhounds

Reaction score
You don't need a Network. I do League of Legends videos and I don't get any content ID/copyright strikes although as you get bigger you might get false claims. Also it depends on the game. Some game's you need a license.