Locked - Why Doesn't YouTube Help Out Smaller Channels?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaitlyn Moore

Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Okay so YouTube sent out this Email which linked to one of their blog posts I posted the blog post at the bottem of this post.

And to me it seems like YouTube is against small channels and doesn't want us to grow.. It's really getting annoying at this point like they won't help anyone out and they won't promote channels who are smaller then all the stars because they seem more interested in the money they huge people are making and they aren't thinking about the future of youtube which one day will be us smaller channels. What do you think? And how do you think us smaller channels can grow faster with what's been going on?

Here's part of the post: Starting today we’re changing the eligibility requirement for monetization to 4,000 hours of watchtime within the past 12 months and 1,000 subscribers. We’ve arrived at these new thresholds after thorough analysis and conversations with creators like you. They will allow us to significantly improve our ability to identify creators who contribute positively to the community and help drive more ad revenue to them (and away from bad actors). These higher standards will also help us prevent potentially inappropriate videos from monetizing which can hurt revenue for everyone. You can read the rest of it on the youtube-creators.googleblog . com

zhkopec

I've Got It
Reaction score
It's more cost effective to promote what works than to sort through millions of small channels hoping to strike gold.

Reactions: Alexander Hoff
Status
Not open for further replies.