[LOCKED] Can you play cracked games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klaustronix

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I know this might be a rather sensitive topic and I've always struggled to ask this, but I really need to/slash want to know -- is it okay to play cracked/pirated games for your YouTube? I can't afford to buy those AAA games and that's what you should be playing I suppose, on a YouTube gaming channel. I buy what I can, but they are just really low priced Indie games - which I'm not saying is bad, they are excellent games, ones I've played so far - but it's important to make those AAA games as well. So is it okay or is it not? Some honest answer would be very appreciated!

DukWin

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
As long as you don't show that it is a cracked game then its fine. :)

UserU

Suspended
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I'll be honest here. The following answers are not going to be posted in favor of piracy. You'd be asked to purchase them at discounts to support the developers.

Super Pawsitive

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I know this might be a rather sensitive topic and I've always struggled to ask this, but I really need to/slash want to know -- is it okay to play cracked/pirated games for your YouTube? I can't afford to buy those AAA games and that's what you should be playing I suppose, on a YouTube gaming channel. I buy what I can, but they are just really low priced Indie games - which I'm not saying is bad, they are excellent games, ones I've played so far - but it's important to make those AAA games as well. So is it okay or is it not? Some honest answer would be very appreciated!
Most of everyone will tell you it's not ok, but really. As long as there's no distinguishable difference between versions. Chances are nobody will notice. I do not condone pirating, the only thing I sort of am ok with is Emulators, but that's only if you own the physical version of the game, or if the game in question is rather pricey/difficult to get your hands on (Much like Xenoblade Chronicles before they put it on the Nintendo E-Shop).

Buy the game, support the developer. Or, better yet. How about you go out of your way to ask for review codes? If your audience is big enough, chances are they will just send a key your way. And worst case scenario they say no. You move on.

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
I'm sure no one will know about it

Status
Not open for further replies.