Live streaming = watch time ?

Lock

$$$
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Has anyone tried live streaming on their channel and does the time you are doing a live stream count as your hours of watch time?

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Nope I never tried live streaming and I have no idea if the time count as watch time....Interesting question though:)

Reaction score
I am starting to look at live stream myself, from my understanding it does and some of the 'youtube gurus' advise to use it to grow your subs and watch time. I've seen a few smaller channels last month start to do live streams for hours to get their watch time to avoid being demonetized. I just finished setting up OBS and my graphics and setup my old Iphone 4 to use it as a control panel for my new channel blogtipstv. Good Luck!

Lock

$$$
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I am starting to look at live stream myself, from my understanding it does and some of the 'youtube gurus' advise to use it to grow your subs and watch time. I've seen a few smaller channels last month start to do live streams for hours to get their watch time to avoid being demonetized. I just finished setting up OBS and my graphics and setup my old Iphone 4 to use it as a control panel for my new channel blogtipstv. Good Luck!

Why not just setup one and send us here the link ?
We will just join in for the sake of it, and see how you can increase your watch time ...there is no harm in doing that.

I have joined some live stream where the youtuber talked rubbish e.g. her schooling kids, her upcoming visit to her dentist etc
and yet people join in just to chit chat on that.

Nobody cares if you fail (at least amongst us) as long as you can met your objectives

BTW i am just about to setup some blogs and your channel interests me ...just subscribed to it
make more "how to" videos and a blog on it...do the outreach method (social media / forum / blogs in the same niche) ...refer to a site called nichehacks.com and get some idea on it to attract viewers to your channel

Reaction score
Why not just setup one and send us here the link ?
We will just join in for the sake of it, and see how you can increase your watch time ...there is no harm in doing that.

I have joined some live stream where the youtuber talked rubbish e.g. her schooling kids, her upcoming visit to her dentist etc
and yet people join in just to chit chat on that.

Nobody cares if you fail (at least amongst us) as long as you can met your objectives

BTW i am just about to setup some blogs and your channel interests me ...just subscribed to it
Thanks for the sub, I decided to split off my tech channel to just a blog channel to keep it more focused and I will be doing live streams there. (i'll try to put the link in my sig).

Just started posting videos there. My goal is daily videos for the next month then going to a schedule of M W and Live Stream Fridays.

The only thing I do not like about live streams is you can't remove them, so make sure you mark them as unlisted or private when you are setting it up or it will be live and a random person might find you picking your nose while you are setting it up and you can't delete them. I have about 12 right now that are private/unlisted.

Lock

$$$
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks for the sub, I decided to split off my tech channel to just a blog channel to keep it more focused and I will be doing live streams there. (i'll try to put the link in my sig).

Just started posting videos there. My goal is daily videos for the next month then going to a schedule of M W and Live Stream Fridays.

The only thing I do not like about live streams is you can't remove them, so make sure you mark them as unlisted or private when you are setting it up or it will be live and a random person might find you picking your nose while you are setting it up and you can't delete them. I have about 12 right now that are private/unlisted.

I suggest you interlink your (1) social media eg fb fan page / tubmblr / pinterest / instagram / youtube (2)blog eg blogspot wordpress.com (3) quora , scoopit (4) slideshare (5) forums (6) HARO (7) other facebookgroups with your YT channel inside them...

Just to generate attention / traffic and loyal followers....

Join some CPA network and but their banners on your blog for revenue purposes.
Example Maxbounty , W4, Peerfly, ...give me a shout if you need me to be your referrer.

Pixel & Bracket

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
No, live-streaming itself doesn’t count toward your watch time. The time that viewers are watching your stream both live and after does, like any other video.

Also, the livestream only starts when you hit “start streaming” in OBS or whatever program you’re using. All the setup happens before that so you can start with an intro how you want.

And last, you can easily delete streams just like other vids. You can also have them be Unlisted immediately after streaming if you don’t want the replay to be published.

Lock

$$$
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
No, live-streaming itself doesn’t count toward your watch time. The time that viewers are watching your stream both live and after does, like any other video.

Also, the livestream only starts when you hit “start streaming” in OBS or whatever program you’re using. All the setup happens before that so you can start with an intro how you want.

And last, you can easily delete streams just like other vids. You can also have them be Unlisted immediately after streaming if you don’t want the replay to be published.
Yes - that is what i was trying to say....that was why i asked @CallThatGeekIT to send us a invite to his live streaming sessions ..so that we can log in and just let it run and interact eg posting chat "good" / "great" , "need to know more" etc to help him out

@CallThatGeekIT - to search for related blog/forums - type your keyword in Google Search and then click "news" - leave your comment and add your URL there ...it will bring the ranking of your sites up..

Use google alerts to create the alerts so that each time the topic is mentioned you can comment on them

Last edited:
Reaction score

How do you delete the live streams? All I have read and seen on YouTube says you can’t and there isn’t a delete button.

Pixel & Bracket

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
How do you delete the live streams? All I have read and seen on YouTube says you can’t and there isn’t a delete button.
In creator studio, click the drop down arrow next to the Edit button and you’ll see delete. Same as any other video.

Reactions: Lock