Less credits in description? - Is this allowed?

Mattaxol

Comedic Gamer and Professional... sh*t
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Before I start, I apologise for any mistakes in here as I am not very knowing on the topic of copyright, but I think I have the basics down.

So, I use a bunch of songs that require me, as part of the C.C license, to put in a bunch of text to credit for each song I use, to be able to use it. This is the text (In quotes):

""Song name" Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0
-link blocked by yttalk-"

-and I end up having to paste that, again and again, changing "song name" to one of the songs in the video, and then paste the piece of text again, put a different song name in, and do the same thing again and again to cover all of the songs used in the video (all the songs I use are by the same guy, same lisence).

So, I was wondering if instead of pasting that phrase 7 times or however, is there a way I can just condense all of the song credits into one phrase?

Eg, kind of like this (in quotes):

""Song name", "song name 2", "song name 3", "song name 4", " song name 5", "song name 6", "song name 7" Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0
-link blocked by yttalk-"

Would it be allowed? Or is there any other way to condense how much credit text I have to put in the description?

There has to be some way. All of the big YouTubers have tiny descriptions. Thank you in advance :)

Switchbox

Give me your food
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator, Other
Some people just have "Songs by Kevin McLeod in their description."

I'm not sure if that is allowed or not, but I would hardly imagine Kevin McLeod going into every video description to see if he is credited in the right way.
Just as a precaution, I do the same as you.

Reactions: Mattaxol