Lack of Motivation - Any Suggestions?

L337H4X0RZZ

Hello all. So for the past almost two months or so I've been away from YouTube completely, all because of a lack of motivation to actually do anything. I've wanted to make videos and I've made a few that I've not got round to editing. I'm not sure what is driving this lack of motivation. I have tons of ideas for new videos but I just never end up doing it. I find making videos fun still, don't get me wrong. In fact, when I have motivation I can sit up for 20+ hours recording and editing videos (No joke).

So my question to you all is, how can I get past this metaphorical wall that I've hit? At this point in time, I'm willing to try ANYTHING. Suggestions and ways that you all may have gotten past lacking motivation yourselves would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all for reading.

- L337H4X0RZZ

Maybe try to look back and watch your videos you posted when you were motivated and excited. It might remind you of the excitement you had and boost your confidence in it. It is sometimes hard to get past a black like this but if you want to get past it you can and will! :)

Thank you both for your help, I've actually tried both of your suggestions and I'm all set to record again as if by magic. Thank you!

Keep thinking about new content you WANT to do. Have fun with it, and before you know it, you're just doing it to have fun and won't feel like an obligation

Give $50 to a friend or whatever you feel is a lot, and tell your friend not to give it back until you finish a video. This works each time I hit a wall, not just in Youtube, but in almost anything I'm lacking motivation in.

I think we should think back for what do we want to make the video, that will be answer your question. And also make sure to rewatch your video back so you will be motivated to make a new and more exciting one

Take a break for a week. During that week try to think of new ideas, new upload schedule if you hate your current one, diff ways to edit etc. You will come back feeling fresh I assure you.

Look at your old stuff. Like your first videos. See how much fun you had? Do that again. If that doesn't work, find an idea you have. Embrace it. Find fun little things to do in the video that you think would be hilarious or amazing. Then go and do it!

Back