Kids Toy Channels

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hello everyone! :bounce:

My son & I have started a toy channel and are looking for other new toy/kid friendly channels to share knowledge and support with! So far we are having tons of fun with it, editing the videos is my favorite. My son has been watching toy YouTube videos since I can remember, so he is pretty excited to see himself on YouTube lol.

I never realized how much work gets put into making a video:eeks: With that being said, I have learned a lot these past couple of days and continue to learn new things every day.

Question for everyone who makes toy/kid videos:

What camera do you use to record? I have been using my Nikon DSLR and it is a pain to use for videos where we are constantly moving around. The focus is always going in and out.

Anyways,
I am looking forward to making new friends in the YouTube kids community :)

Last edited:

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've got a Canon DSLR. It's ok for stationary work and I used it for our first "fixed" videos. It's completely useless running after the kids at playgrounds, the focus is in and out as you mention. Plus it's too heavy to hold. I use my old Samsung S4 mobile, and we've got an old Canon point and shoot, entry level, I think it was $200 3 years ago. but the zoom keeps jamming up on it, have to press it hard to make it retract. Have to upgrade eventually....

Oh and welcome to Yt! A life changing experience....

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
We only have a few videos so far, but most were shot on my DSLR so they aren't that great :crying: I had a Nikon point and shoot, but of course when I actually want to use it, it is no where to be found! Will probably use my iphone until I can get my hands on a smaller camera.

Thanks for the welcome! I have checked out your channel and its great! I am hoping I can break out of my shell and do funny mom videos lol. I cringe at just the sound of my voice on videos:grumpy2:

We just started the beginning of the week and I am already obsessed!

Thanks again for the reply.

Reactions: KiddieToysReview

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
We only have a few videos so far, but most were shot on my DSLR so they aren't that great :crying: I had a Nikon point and shoot, but of course when I actually want to use it, it is no where to be found! Will probably use my iphone until I can get my hands on a smaller camera.

Thanks for the welcome! I have checked out your channel and its great! I am hoping I can break out of my shell and do funny mom videos lol. I cringe at just the sound of my voice on videos:grumpy2:

We just started the beginning of the week and I am already obsessed!

Thanks again for the reply.
That shell is hard to break out of. That's why I have the wife do the acting, and I filming.
Yt can get obsessive. I'm happy if I have a "normal" 40 hour week - some weeks run at 60-70 hours. The back-end is the main time sink.

Reaction score
we were using a samsung note 5 with the open camera app to increase exposure.we also had a cheap external mic from amazon that worked well. Now we recently got a canon vixia hf r700. it's pretty light.

CelyD87

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hello everyone! :bounce:

My son & I have started a toy channel and are looking for other new toy/kid friendly channels to share knowledge and support with! So far we are having tons of fun with it, editing the videos is my favorite. My son has been watching toy YouTube videos since I can remember, so he is pretty excited to see himself on YouTube lol.

I never realized how much work gets put into making a video:eeks: With that being said, I have learned a lot these past couple of days and continue to learn new things every day.

Question for everyone who makes toy/kid videos:

What camera do you use to record? I have been using my Nikon DSLR and it is a pain to use for videos where we are constantly moving around. The focus is always going in and out.

Anyways,
I am looking forward to making new friends in the YouTube kids community :)
I use a cannon dslr on a tripod for stationary videos and my iPhone for on the go. I tried using the dslr for slides and playgrounds with my son but I'm afraid to break it and it's so bulky. The iPhone works way better for me in those cases.

Welcome to YTTALK!

Derrick Toys

Happy Kids Happy Life!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Welcome :) I use Canon T3i and switching to iPhone for vlogs. Running after two toddlers with a bulky camera isn't fun plus the focus is difficult chasing my munckins. iPhone quality is great!