Just getting back into vlogging and would like some feedback on my first vlog in years.

PansGaming

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
So I used to have a vlogging channel back in the day and did regular vlogs and more IRL content than anything else before I moved over to making gaming content.
Recently I've been moving back to making IRL content like climbing progress stuff and today I recorded my first vlog for years. I would really like some feedback on a few things.
Firstly, I know the audio quality isn't the best, I'm working on that, I've bought an external mic for my phone which should help massively with sound quality.

So I'd like to know whether the story itself in this video is engaging. Do you find yourself interested in what I have to say and the story? Why/why not?

How is my presentation style, should I be more energetic, am I too monotone, or the opposite etc?

Does the background music fit well with the overall feel of the video?

Do you have any tips on how to improve any future vlogs? I will be getting a gimbal with the microphone as well so future vlogs should have a much more stable image too.

Thanks in advance for any feedback and constructive criticism.
Pans

• Haha
Reactions: GiggaVega

GiggaVega

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
"Almost" ALMOST? unbelievable, millennials I tell you can't even get into a fight SMH lol jk. 6'1? pshh I'm 6'8 Come at me BRO, I'm Jacked!
I watched the video directly from your channel. Honestly the video is great, even though you are outside, the audio of your voice is clear even though there was some wind. I would recommend one of those fuzzy mic covers to cut the wind.
I like how much you participate in the forum so I will beat the crap out of your SUBSCRIBE button. Also great job on nearly 600 subs. How long did that take? I am subscriber 593.
Great luck bro. I will quote my reply to your channel.

Reactions: PansGaming

PansGaming

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
"Almost" ALMOST? unbelievable, millennials I tell you can't even get into a fight SMH lol jk. 6'1? pshh I'm 6'8 Come at me BRO, I'm Jacked!
I watched the video directly from your channel. Honestly the video is great, even though you are outside, the audio of your voice is clear even though there was some wind. I would recommend one of those fuzzy mic covers to cut the wind.
I like how much you participate in the forum so I will beat the crap out of your SUBSCRIBE button. Also great job on nearly 600 subs. How long did that take? I am subscriber 593.
Great luck bro. I will quote my reply to your channel.
OK boomer...

xD Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated. Yeah I've got an external mic with a wind cover ready to go, just waiting on the mount so I can attach it to my phone. So the channel is about 8 years old but I've not exactly been active for all of that time. I took a bit of a break when I went to uni for 3 years and then I also moved my focus over to twitch for the last 2 years so it's been very up and down in terms of activity. I actually had over 600 at one point but obviously when you become inactive people unsubscribe so I'm working my way back :p Thanks again man :D

Reactions: GiggaVega

DieMan

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Comedian, Gamer
Hey Pans :)

I really like the idea of doing short stories or talks while you walk. I also think you got a great attitude. You seem friendly lol.

For me, the background music is a bit to loud.

Speaking of background music, I didn't dislike it, but I didn't really like it either. I guess you could try and experiment with different kinds of tunes.

Also, I will agree with Gigga, that your video would improve a lot if you did something to handle the wind sounds.

Finally, I think your video would greatly benefit from subtitles. I think your format would be good for Facebook as well, and there you need subtitles, so if you wanted to move into that area, you could do that.

All in All, I enjoyed the story. Thanks for the watch!

/Die Man

Reactions: PansGaming

PansGaming

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey Pans :)

I really like the idea of doing short stories or talks while you walk. I also think you got a great attitude. You seem friendly lol.

For me, the background music is a bit to loud.

Speaking of background music, I didn't dislike it, but I didn't really like it either. I guess you could try and experiment with different kinds of tunes.

Also, I will agree with Gigga, that your video would improve a lot if you did something to handle the wind sounds.

Finally, I think your video would greatly benefit from subtitles. I think your format would be good for Facebook as well, and there you need subtitles, so if you wanted to move into that area, you could do that.

All in All, I enjoyed the story. Thanks for the watch!

/Die Man
Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated :D
I'll tone the background music down a bit next time, and yeah I'm always trying new music styles and genres to go in the background. It's quite difficult to pick the right kind of stuff cause you don't want distracting music that will take away from the main story etc. but you don't want dull boring music either, it's tough to get that balance.
Yeah I'll be getting some new equipment to try and improve on the overall quality. It should be getting delivered today actually so watch this space! :p
That's a good tip for the facebook thing, hadn't thought of that, thanks :D