Joining youtube partnership/Monetisation?

I have been interested for quite a while now in setting up a YouTube channel properly, by becoming a partner and mortising etc. However, I honestly do not understand how earning money through monetisation works with UK taxes as I understand that even if all I earnt from a video was 1p I would still have to pay taxes on it. However I would still like to enable monetisation for my channel so that I can access features such as custom thumbnails. So my question is, would I be able to 'enable monetisation', without setting up/connecting an adsense account to it, so that then that way I don't actually earn anything from YouTube can can still use the extra features. Because I honestly don't understand how it works and do not feel it is worth messing around with when im probably going to only earn a few pence anyway, and would rather hold off earning from YouTube and sorting out all the taxes until it is actually worth doing.

Just keep uploading.
once you reach 15 videos or so you can unlock monetization.

You need adsense in order to start earning money.

Although getting partnered/monetized is not available for new Youtube channels. Because you can't.

Also, please fix your channel link on your profile by going to Personal Details.

Just keep uploading.
once you reach 15 videos or so you can unlock monetization.

You need adsense in order to start earning money.

Although getting partnered/monetized is not available for new Youtube channels. Because you can't.

Also, please fix your channel link on your profile by going to Personal Details.

Sorry I think maybe I didn't explain properly. Im not setting up a totally new channel. I'm rebranding my current channel, and so monetisation is unlocked already, I just need to enable it. I want to enable monetisation for the channel because I want to access the extra features such as custom thumbnails and scheduled uploader. However I don't actually want to earn money from my videos because I don't understand how the taxes work and I don't think its worth it at the moment because I will earn next to nothing anyway. So if I enabled monetisation, but then didn't monetise any of my videos or set up an AdSense account to connect it to, it is this allowed?

N
Okay thank you :) Will I still need to set up and link an AdSense account even though I'm not planning on making money off the videos?
No, you don't have to set up an AdSense account nor you have to monetize any of your videos but you don't have to enable monetizing on your channel to get custom thumbnails or scheduled uploads. I think that was only a thing a few years ago. Now everyone has acces to all the Youtube features as soon as they set up their new channel.

I think that was only a thing a few years ago. Now everyone has acces to all the Youtube features as soon as they set up their new channel.
I think the only thing you need to do is "verify" your channel. Then you will have access to most of the features.

I think the only thing you need to do is "verify" your channel. Then you will have access to most of the features.
Yes, but that takes less than 30 seconds. Google send you an SMS with a code that you need to enter on a verification page and that's it.

Just a quick note I thought I'd add. I was able to monetise my channel from the beginning for my first video. Perhaps, as mentioned, you just need to verify your account first with an SMS check.

Back