Joining a network for verification tick

PoTheTato

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi all,

I heard that if you join a network, they can apply your channel for verification (and get a tick next to your name).
I know that not all networks can do this, but at least a few big ones
Now, are there any no lock-in networks that are able to do this? I was thinking about joining one, get them to apply me for verification and if it doesn't work leave the network. If they do end up getting me verified, I would still leave because I don't want those scammers on my channel, but I do want that shiny little tick :d
Thanks in advance,

-PoTheTato

Last edited:

Jonathan

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Networks cant just put an verification tick on peoples channels. They can only push for you to receive a verification tick by YouTube. Usually there are requirements in networks to apply for this. Usually big requirements.

lossehelin

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Networks ask for some requirements first, the ones i know generally ask for 50000 subs. I think freedom networks have lower requirements but i don't know for sure how much lower.

AspiringGamer

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian, Gamer
You're also being an a** to the network to gain free work from them and doing nothing. No offence, but people like you are the reason the rest of us need to be locked into contracts.

lossehelin

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I am starting to see a trend on people wanting to have the verified badge but they fail to understand why that badge exists or how they need to have one.

bodaniel

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I definitely think of networks similar to a talent agency. Don't forget you are offering these businesses something if they want to sign and you need to ensure you have protected yourself before signing up. I know that networks often have a 'throw some spaghetti at the wall and see if it sticks' approach. These networks sign a large amount of people and don't particularly care about you as an individual so much as ultimately they are a business intended to make money. That being said, I definitely think if you find a network that you really like and feel like it would be a great fit for you then definitely go for it!

Entityofsin

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
First of all, you don't need a network at all.

Lastly, you don't need a verification badge either. The trend towards it lately has been started by sub network owners some how becoming a MCN and then passing it out to people by submitting it to their Partner Manager at YouTube. The blame for this should really be placed with those YouTube PMs. Honestly though, the majority of content creators don't even need this anyways. Yeah there's some scummy people selling verification (which I am pretty sure is against YouTube MCN ToS) but honestly there really isn't much of a reason to go through a 'short cut' method for something you don't really need.

So if all you're doing is trying to get verification, you're pretty much worse than the people you're calling scammers. It's people like you who deserve to be in 2+ year lock-in contracts or have their channel terminated for not meeting verification requirements and getting it through unofficial means. MCNs shouldn't even be allowed to submit their partners for verification anyways. The partner should ask how to get it and then go do the leg work themself if they want it so badly.