Ive found an awesome way to get people to view your content

Freddie Hill

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Basically post your video in a reddit forum, make sure the forum is related to your video, for example a video of a cute rabbit would go into the animal section. This is good because you are targeting people who are interested in that topic so are likely to subscribe to your channel ?! don't put a title which is click bait, they don't like that lol

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
Good for views. Usually bad for watch time and retention. Reddit is better for older videos to give them a second life. If you start a videos life getting all external views the video will die quickly. The exception would be a multi million mega viral hit. I'm not seeing it

Freddie Hill

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yeah man, oi know what you mean, some of my videos would have the views and likes etc if it wasn't for it and if its a relatively short video then theres not much of an issue when it comes to watch time as long as the video is interesting
Btw how did you get your video to pop up underneath the response ?

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
Yeah man, oi know what you mean, some of my videos would have the views and likes etc if it wasn't for it and if its a relatively short video then theres not much of an issue when it comes to watch time as long as the video is interesting
Btw how did you get your video to pop up underneath the response ?
Pay 100$ in ytt cash. You get 1$ for each quality post. So you'll get it in time

Reactions: darkstarmedia

Freddie Hill

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
oh ok ! does it automatically go on ???

darkstarmedia

Words are great.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
oh ok ! does it automatically go on ???
Once you've accumulated $100, go to the YTtalk shop and purchase the VIP membership (or something akin to that, can't remember the name just yet).
Then head to your Signature section and you'll see you're now able to embed media, so just paste the link of the video you want and all posts under your name in the forum should now feature the video!

alwinred

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I also tried my luck with reddit, i found that it worked well for one of my videos (few views), got comments below the link i posted, thumbs up or how they call it on reddit, but for the other videos no luck at all.

Maybe has to do with the time i posted the other links. Was on the same subreddit and about a similar subject for all the videos, but i only receive traffic/views for one of my videos.

TimberwolfMKIII

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I have heard the flipside of that on this forum here and there. Folks who have posted on Reddit and it invited people who went specifically just to harass people. I am weary about using something like Reddit to post my videos to be honest. I am using other means to try and spread word around.

Fox Beat

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Whoaa... Me too, i got a hundreds direct views from reddit.
I have great idea, how if we meet & support each other on reddit? u/foxbeatmusic that was me. Poke me there, just tell me that you know me from this forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Highfalutin' Low Carb

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've had very good success with Reddit. I just got over 100 subs (not views, subscribers) from a Reddit post I made 2 days ago!

I would imagine the reaction to making video posts on Reddit is very niche-dependent. My channel is about low carb cooking. There are several subreddits specifically about low carb recipes. So, as long as I follow the specific posting rules of each subreddit I post in, and the post is on topic, it generally gets good traction. I posted my latest video (it's about testing blood sugar response to different artificial seeeteners) two days ago to one of the low carb forums and I've gotten about 600 views and over 100 subscribers from it already.

If you're respectful on Reddit and genuinely following subreddits rules, I think it can be very positive. Interacting on other posts in the subreddits also helps, because the other posters can see your previous posts. If you have zero post history and come in to a subreddit and start posting random videos, it's not gonna go over well because you just look like a YouTube spammer *trying* just to get views, rather than participating in their actual community of readers. And they will retaliate, and rightly so.