is this possible?

masterF

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hello YTALK Members,So nice to be here ,this is my first thread..

I Have a question:
i`m planing to open a YT channel for Electronic Music,and my questin is:
IF I PURCHASE A SONG IN BEATPORT & SPOTIFY am i abble to upload and monetize that..?
(Sorry 4 my Bad English)
Best Regards

MasterF

GrgakGames

Phoenix Games Enthusiast (Please end my life)
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
no just because you bought a song does not equal to you owning the song and using it in you videos lol

masterF

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
no just because you bought a song does not equal to you owning the song and using it in you videos lol
i understand,i contact some artist directly and they said if u buy my song or album u have the rights to share with u r friend and comunity (YOUTUBE)
is it true?

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
It will likely be copyrighted and you won´t be able to earn money from it!

Shakycow

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
No, it's not possible. It's a clear violation of copyright and I'd expect your videos to be muted or, worse, receive copyright strikes... not that it seems like you care.

Shame you can't be bothered to actually create your own art and are fully content in trying to make money by stealing others.

masterF

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
No, it's not possible. It's a clear violation of copyright and I'd expect your videos to be muted or, worse, receive copyright strikes... not that it seems like you care.

Shame you can't be bothered to actually create your own art and are fully content in trying to make money by stealing others.
i thing u missunderstood,i say ''if i purchase'' i mean buy his/her song with license.

subversiveasset

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
It IS possible to buy a royalty-free license to a song.

HOWEVER, buying a song off itunes/amazon/google play music/whatever for a dollar is NOT the same as buying a royalty free license. Royalty free licenses are much more expensive because you're essentially compensating the artist for a certain predicted number of views.

I am not familiar enough with Beatport to say whether they offer licenses, what the terms of those licenses are, whether they are royalty free, etc.,

If you don't have a royalty-free license, you MUST pay royalties to the copyright holder. (In YouTube terms, this would most automatically be accomplished through the copyright owner taking the monetization of your video through Content ID