Is this normal ?

NanoMan

Reaction score
Hey guys new here . I have been on YouTube about a year with not really making it priority at first just uploading gameplay. I decided to be a Fortnite content creator and live streamer. I have been live streaming on youtube for about 6 months. . I average about 10-15 Viewers. After a year and a solid 6 months of trying hard and grinding I only have 450 subs . Is this a normal expectation ? I have the watch hours but seem the subs are low. . Thanks

Reactions: OntheWrist

OntheWrist

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
I've been going about a year as a watch review channel and have about 350. Seems like you're doing OK. If you are getting good watch duration on your videos and have a good Click through rate you should continue to grow

BuildALot Acres

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
YouTube is a funny place. I'll be at 5 months in 2 weeks from now and am just shy of 200 subs. Most of my videos average around 50-100 views, although I do have two that are over 3k, and another over 2k.

Then you see YouTubers that hit 20,000 in 6 months. Usually they are already famous or have famous people in their videos or intros. It can be discouraging as making good content is time consuming, and their is no financial reward until you get to that magic 4k watch hours and 1k subs. Even then, I'm sure the monthly pay is very minimal.

To answer your question, your subs for 1.5 years time do seem slightly low, but like I said every channel is different. Most gaming channels seem to do pretty well, and are popular. Have you considering trying to Collab with other similar channels? With gaming it seems like it would be easier to do remotely than most other content. So your not limited to local people.

Last edited:

Rhody Seth

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician
Doing much better than I am. I think you're growing at a pretty good pace all told. But as others said, YouTube can be a fickle thing. So I think your subs are pretty good - I'm envious! How is your watch time by comparison?

NanoMan

Reaction score
My watch time is pretty good. . I been mostly live streaming about three hours every time and get 30-40 hours at end of stream.

NanoMan

Reaction score
It’s actually been less then a year. I meant a year in total and 6 months of really grinding. .