Is this against TOS?

YAOG

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Hey guys,

I know tags might not be very important with regard to the algorithm, but recently I did a 3 hour live stream in which I played over 30 cover songs. I should be able to include the names of the artists and songs in the tags, no? And would it be a good idea to link to the original songs in the description? I probably plan on whittling future streams down to just highlights, though. I just wanted to make sure that's on the up and up and wouldn't be considered spam.

Thanks.

PictureFIT

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I know tags might not be very important with regard to the algorithm, but recently I did a 3 hour live stream in which I played over 30 cover songs. I should be able to include the names of the artists and songs in the tags, no? And would it be a good idea to link to the original songs in the description? I probably plan on whittling future streams down to just highlights, though. I just wanted to make sure that's on the up and up and wouldn't be considered spam.

Thanks.
As far as I know, it's fine as long as its contextually appropriate to the content. For example, if someone is talking about H3H3Productions in their video, I don't find it wrong that they tag their name in the tag list. But if you're arbitrarily doing it for any video just for the sake of ranking into popular tags, then that's against the TOS.

Reactions: YAOG