Is this a Joke to YouTube? "We were unable to process the counter notification based on the information you provided to us."

Stereotype

Reaction score
Lately, someone has been trying to completely destroy my YouTube channel by mass copyright claiming my videos, and I've gotten over 10 copyright strikes in the span of a week or so and they've been increasing every day.

I immediately got an attorney to help me with this, and he's filed counterclaims on them inside my YouTube studio, only to have them all declined for the reason vague reasoning of "We were unable to process the counter notification based on the information you provided to us."

He's tried changing his wording, making things as clear as possible, switching the phrases, and we've literally both done everything humanly possible with the counterclaims even using legal phrases and going by the books only to have the counterclaims declined over and over by the incompetent copyright team.

We can't even tell if it's a human reviewing our counterclaims or if it's all just an automated system handled by an AI or something else that clearly does not understand what we're writing even when it's as obvious as it gets at this point after the countless changes we've done, and do note that everything was already pretty damn clear in the first ever counterclaim we submitted.

YouTube also seems to clearly be favoring the claimant a LOT more than me the creator as they're reviewing and accepting their copyright removal requests MUCH faster than they're reviewing and unfortunately declining our counterclaims.

What do you suggest we do at this point? YouTube is obviously trying really hard to play judge here even though we've told them countless times that they are under no obligations to settle these disputes and should pass on the counterclaims so that me and the person claiming these videos can deal with it if they decide to go to court.

There's literally nothing else I can do, I got an attorney and that's pretty much the most I can do, other than reach out on places like these to get some help and recommendations from people who faced such issues before and have experience in this matter as the YouTube creator live chat support is unfortunately very much useless.

Nicekid76

The Bostonian YTtalker
Reaction score
Website
nicekid76.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Just to be clear, you are aware copyright claims and copyright strikes are not the same thing. 10 copyright strikes would mean your channel has already been deleted 7 strikes ago.
How many days has it been since you filed the counter notification? According to what I've read from YouTube they have up to 14 days to reply to your counter notification.
If your channel has already been deleted or suspended due to 3+ strikes, you will have to file the counter notification via a different method, which is included in the 1st article I link to down below
It was my understanding that after a denied counter notification the next screen is actual litigation. YouTube passes your name, address, and contact information to them and passes their info for you so you can settle it in court.

Here are some link to Google articles/videos and users created content about how to file a counter notification

1612048878750.png
I am
NOT a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice
1612048878750.png

Last edited:

Stereotype

Reaction score
Just to be clear, you are aware copyright claims and copyright strikes are not the same thing. 10 copyright strikes would mean your channel has already been deleted 7 strikes ago.
How many days has it been since you filed the counter notification? According to what I've read from YouTube they have up to 14 days to reply to your counter notification.
If your channel has already been deleted or suspended due to 3+ strikes, you will have to file the counter notification via a different method, which is included in the 1st article I link to down below
It was my understanding that after a denied counter notification the next screen is actual litigation. YouTube passes your name, address, and contact information to them and passes their info for you so you can settle it in court.

Here are some link to Google articles/videos and users created content about how to file a counter notification

1612048878750.png
I am
[/COLOR]NOT a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice
1612048878750.png

I do know that copyright claims and copyright strikes are not the same thing, and funnily enough I have 10 copyright strikes out of 3 as we speak, in total nearly 45 videos have gotten copyright claimed by that same person, and I'm sure that number will be increasing within the next day or so as my channel keeps getting more copyright removal requests by the abuser.

All the counterclaims I've had filed were declined with "We were unable to process the counter notification based on the information you provided to us." as reason for decline.

You mentioned something regarding an actual litigation, how can I request or have that done? I'm not really sure how that makes much sense anyway since they won't pass on actual counterclaims with reasoning so why would they do this litigation you speak of?

Nicekid76

The Bostonian YTtalker
Reaction score
Website
nicekid76.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
This is really strange... I can ask some of my former full time youtuber friends to see what the heck is going on. One of them is a lawyer so maybe he'll know something. If I don't reply by tomorrow it means they never got back to me. lol : (
We don't talk to me about youtube stuff anymore but it's worth a shot

ps. for some reason i just got this notification now... I use the website daily... so i don't understand the delay.