Is Promoting On Facebook A Scam?

Highfalutin' Low Carb

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think you would have had much better luck creating a good 30-second channel trailer and spending that $50 advertising on YouTube via AdWords. You can target other channels that have popular content you are trying to get in on. Don’t just pick one of your regular videos, make an entertaining compilation less than 30 seconds and pay to run that as a channel trailer.

This is 100% absolute speculation on my part, but why would Facebook allow ads to send usera to their biggest competitor for video, YouTube? Again, complete speculation. But it’s a demonstrable, known fact that regular Facebook posts with YouTube links are buried. Killed by Facebook. I wouldn’t put it past them to do the same with ads. Facebook wants a user to stay on Facebook as much as Youtube wants a user to stay on YouTube.

Reactions: daniel burgio

daniel burgio

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I think you would have had much better luck creating a good 30-second channel trailer and spending that $50 advertising on YouTube via AdWords. You can target other channels that have popular content you are trying to get in on. Don’t just pick one of your regular videos, make an entertaining compilation less than 30 seconds and pay to run that as a channel trailer.

This is 100% absolute speculation on my part, but why would Facebook allow ads to send usera to their biggest competitor for video, YouTube? Again, complete speculation. But it’s a demonstrable, known fact that regular Facebook posts with YouTube links are buried. Killed by Facebook. I wouldn’t put it past them to do the same with ads. Facebook wants a user to stay on Facebook as much as Youtube wants a user to stay on YouTube.
Exactly this. The only paid promotion worth actually paying for is Google Adwords, at least in my opinion. Just have to give it a good budget really. My budget's incredibly small, so nothing really happens that quickly.