Is my audio good?

Samira

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi I'm Samira

I am quite new on youtube and so my quality hasn't reached it's full protential.

Recently I changed my audio method and am now recording via my phone and the laying it on top of my videos and syncing them.

I just wanted to know if the audio is good? Is there something about it that could bother a viewer?

Just want to know that I can keep improving it thats all :)

The video I am referring to is my most likely to video

Thank you in advance ! :)

anime destruction

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Its ok for now but i would think about investing in a new mic in the foreseeable future!

Reactions: Samira

Ernie Jo

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It's not terrible, but it sounds a little muffled. One thing you can do is boost some of the midrange/highs in the EQ and it'll sound a little better.

When you have funds for a microphone I strongly suggest the Shure VP83f :) It's the best camera-mounted shotgun around.

Baylze

Overwatch YouTuber
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It's not tragic, you can definitely get away with it in early days; but I'd highly recommend investing in a clearer microphone in the future! :)

Samira

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thank you everyone. I have already looked at mics but they were quite expensive and I am so early in the game i wanted to give it sone time at first :)[DOUBLEPOST=1484541980,1484541682][/DOUBLEPOST]
It's not terrible, but it sounds a little muffled. One thing you can do is boost some of the midrange/highs in the EQ and it'll sound a little better.

When you have funds for a microphone I strongly suggest the Shure VP83f :) It's the best camera-mounted shotgun around.
I will look into boosting the audio however i was looking for a quick solution because my camera mic is awful

I looked into mounted mics and found that my camera isnt great with that sort of thing and had my eye on the yeti. :)

Samira

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My camera doesn't have a mic input. And the built it mic is just unacceptable. So, I plug my mic into my phone. https://soundcloud.com/fernando-ascencao/vc-1
If you get a lavalier mic, any phone will record the audio more than well enough. I think some are very cheap too.

Do you have be really close to your mic to pick up decent sound ? I need a mic that catches sound but isnt directly in front of me just because thats not my aesthetic :)[DOUBLEPOST=1484543393,1484543112][/DOUBLEPOST]
My camera doesn't have a mic input. And the built it mic is just unacceptable. So, I plug my mic into my phone. https://soundcloud.com/fernando-ascencao/vc-1
If you get a lavalier mic, any phone will record the audio more than well enough. I think some are very cheap too.

Opps sorry about the stupid answer i forgot a lavalier is a clip on mic :D

SmartTheDumb

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
The most convenient for you, are lavalier mics. They're cheap too. Stick'em inside your shirt and just record into the phone (provided that the mic has a trrs jack, or an adapter). Any mic will pick up too much ambient noise if you're over 2 or 3 feet tops away from it.

Samira

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
The most convenient for you, are lavalier mics. They're cheap too. Stick'em inside your shirt and just record into the phone (provided that the mic has a trrs jack, or an adapter). Any mic will pick up too much ambient noise if you're over 2 or 3 feet tops away from it.

Yes i just looked and they are quite cheap i just wasnt sure it was worth the investment. Thank you for the tip