Is monetization ok on duplicated videos (original content creator)?

Lin

I've Got It
Can you monetize on duplicated videos? I have an old channel that I just want to leave it as it is and move the content to a new channel. I am not having much luck with searching for the answer >.<

If you mean that you want to reupload your older videos from an old channel unto your new channel..yep you can monetize them. But i would delete off the older ones though..no point in keeping a duplicate set..it doesn't earn you more views in anyway. :D

I wonder if having duplicate channels or videos is something people do. It's certainly a method I haven't heard of, which is rare.

I would just play it safe and get rid of the older one. If you are wanting to move the content to a new channel, no point having a duplicate.
i second this. Plus, your older videos probably have more views, in other words, a viewer will always click on a video with more views thus leaving your new monetized video not really awesomely monetized.

Reactions: Lin
i second this. Plus, your older videos probably have more views, in other words, a viewer will always click on a video with more views thus leaving your new monetized video not really awesomely monetized.

Yes. I meant uploading my older videos to the new channel.

That is a good point.

Thanks all :D

^ I agree with the view count. If you had 2 exact videos, side by side, and one had let's say 100,000 views, and the other had 100.. I would most likely click on the 100,000 view'd video.

^ I agree with the view count. If you had 2 exact videos, side by side, and one had let's say 100,000 views, and the other had 100.. I would most likely click on the 100,000 view'd video.
That would be the case if both videos show up next to each other but most likely if someone did a random search for those videos, the video with the least views would be way down the list of the search.
As I see it if you are going to delete videos off your old channel then why not delete the whole channel?
If not then put links to your new channel in the videos on your old channel for a month or so and then delete it. There is no harm in having your videos on two, three or more different channels that are monetized. Just check out channels like PE or PER or Machinima.

Reactions: Lin
That would be the case if both videos show up next to each other but most likely if someone did a random search for those videos, the video with the least views would be way down the list of the search.
As I see it if you are going to delete videos off your old channel then why not delete the whole channel?
If not then put links to your new channel in the videos on your old channel for a month or so and then delete it. There is no harm in having your videos on two, three or more different channels that are monetized. Just check out channels like PE or PER or Machinima.
I was just giving an example if they were next to each other.

Back