Is it a short film or skit??

The Unwanted Letter

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
hey all. So i have seen on youtube there are not a lot of short film channels, now what i mean is channels dedicated for short films only and upload them at a decent pace. I dont consider rocket jump and corridor digital short film channels as they are just vfx guys imo. So looking into it i was wondering what makes my channel (a short film oriented one) unique and i wondered in terms of youtube what is the difference between a short film and a skit? Now a lot will say STORY but skits do have simple three act structures so i was curious to know what is a skit to you and what is a short film?

To me it has to do with dimensions short films are three dimensional they consist of layers, pay more attention to sound design, have specific editing, color grades and etc while skit usually are two dimensionals and is that way because they need to focus on the topic alone and dont care much about visuals, but anyway what do you think?

Sinc

Mr Not That Famous
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
hey all. So i have seen on youtube there are not a lot of short film channels, now what i mean is channels dedicated for short films only and upload them at a decent pace. I dont consider rocket jump and corridor digital short film channels as they are just vfx guys imo. So looking into it i was wondering what makes my channel (a short film oriented one) unique and i wondered in terms of youtube what is the difference between a short film and a skit? Now a lot will say STORY but skits do have simple three act structures so i was curious to know what is a skit to you and what is a short film?

To me it has to do with dimensions short films are three dimensional they consist of layers, pay more attention to sound design, have specific editing, color grades and etc while skit usually are two dimensionals and is that way because they need to focus on the topic alone and dont care much about visuals, but anyway what do you think?
You said they were just vfx guys but then described all their videos in your definition of "Short films". I believe you prefer "serious" styles of filming, they are jokers. There are multiple styles of filming, multiple genres and multiple ways to which people come up with their final product. Video game highschool was and probably will always be the best produced tv series that wasn't on tv to me but that's my opinion.

The Unwanted Letter

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You said they were just vfx guys but then described all their videos in your definition of "Short films". I believe you prefer "serious" styles of filming, they are jokers. There are multiple styles of filming, multiple genres and multiple ways to which people come up with their final product. Video game highschool was and probably will always be the best produced tv series that wasn't on tv to me but that's my opinion.
I see where you are coming from with different styles of filming and i agree, but i just see films as something that has story..not substance mind you cause it could just be mindless but a story at least, what rocket jump and etc do imo is filmmaking of course it is and im sorry if it came off as me not calling them filmmakers, but i can see what they do necessarily in my opinion most of the time is not short films but they do have some short films with stories and etc but most of the time its a flurry of visual effects and comedic bits but that is my outlook on their channel

Kyonite

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Comedian
I think skits are much more comedy oriented than a short film, that's the biggest difference to me

MartinTabanag

Reaction score
i think you should check out wongfu productions. they make amazing short film. i think they are the best so far in youtube.