Is a intro necessary?

Well intros help with expressing the quality, emotion, and what your channel is about. its like a mini clip to keep your viewers interested in what they are about to watch.

I don't think it's necessary but can add a nice touch (provided it's only about 5 seconds long), gamers like SeaNanners don't have them though

It's not at all necessary but can help you get the branding feel of the channel. Keep it short and stylish though. When I go to see a video and the first couple seconds reveal that I have to watch 20 seconds of s****y intro, I either instantly skip it or nope outa there. Here's an example of my own Minecraft channel intro of around 3 seconds:
ExE2FxC.gif

Personally when I first started my channel I thought having an intro was a must, but after a while I was watching some of my videos and thought the intro was kind of lame, so I removed it and just stuck with me just trying harder to brand my opening line of "How's it going guys? This is BrainDead!" and have actually gotten decent responses for making the change.

As for a yes or no answer. I say no.

It gives your channel a more established feel. If a video has an intro, it gives the impression that the uploader has uploaded before and will in the future. Also, it helps viewers recognize your videos and it will be more likely that they subscribe if they see your videos more often (and recognize it is you).

You don't HAVE to do a intro to make a video look good. Without it it can be good too, but the intro makes it look nicer. But some big youtubers don't have a intro but start the video with the same sentence. Just an example.

Well, usually more efficient than an intro is an outro, with the (well-formulated) request to subscribe, leave a comment and like. You wouldn't believe how many people need a reminder on that, because they otherwise just move on without leaving either. ^p^

It is definitely NOT necessary and a very personal(ized) decision. If you DO make one though, make sure you use preferably copyright-free fonts; graphics and music AND that it's good quality and also not too long; because people will have to watch it over and over and over. It should not get annoying for your viewers during that whole time.

What can also help instead of an intro, is to have a specific catch-phrase. Again, there are definitely other things that are more useful or less potentially annoying than an intro. The ultimate decision is up to you though.

Back