Is a 1:28 channel trailer too long?

AprilGranelli

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hey guys,

I was just wondering if anyone would review my channel trailer? I tried to condense what kind of content I make into a short video but it still ended up being quite long :/ Most people I know have 30 second channel trailers so I am slightly concerned mine isn't snappy enough so perhaps it won't persuade people to subscribe.

Any thoughts on what I can do to improve it would be greatly appreciated or even some good examples of channel trailers I can use as templates for my own :)

speakpixels

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Have you read the youtube creator academy? It gives you some great channel trailer examples and suggestions on what to do on yours. Maybe make your audio better (the music drowned out some of the audio) and have it be even clearer what you do on your channel. l really liked the opening frame where you're in your tye die sweatshirt maybe include a part where you talk directly to the camera a bit more? I like the "general Craziness" part it felt more human. I felt the Frodo part was a little too long and maybe unnecessary as well as the part with the giraffe (too long). There are a few things you could remove to make it a bit shorter.

Try reading the YT creator playbook section that talks about channel trailers if you haven't already: https://creatoracademy.youtube.com/page/lesson/trailers

Reactions: AprilGranelli

AprilGranelli

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Have you read the youtube creator academy? It gives you some great channel trailer examples and suggestions on what to do on yours. Maybe make your audio better (the music drowned out some of the audio) and have it be even clearer what you do on your channel. l really liked the opening frame where you're in your tye die sweatshirt maybe include a part where you talk directly to the camera a bit more? I like the "general Craziness" part it felt more human. I felt the Frodo part was a little too long and maybe unnecessary as well as the part with the giraffe (too long). There are a few things you could remove to make it a bit shorter.

Try reading the YT creator playbook section that talks about channel trailers if you haven't already: https://creatoracademy.youtube.com/page/lesson/trailers
Hey thanks for all the feedback, that's really helpful :) I'll defo have a look into that! Think you're right about some parts being unnecessary, I think tidying some of the clips is a good idea :)

LostTrigger

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
i'd have to REALLY like someone to sit through a minute long trailer. most trailers I watch are trailers that play before i have enough time to click on the video i want. so if your trailer cant grab me in the 10 or so seconds it takes me to do that then I probably wont watch it.

ColdCoastGaming

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I basically went through about 5 iterations of my channel trailer before coming up with the one I have now. I'm new to editing so it took me a long time even though it's literally 60 seconds long. I think 1 minute is more than fine for a channel trailer, providing the opening 10-15 seconds convince someone to keep watching.