AM2PM

Loving YTtalk
My budget doesn't allow me to get a new DSLR that can take great footage. So for now, I'm going to use my iPhone SE. I know the camera is great, and I already have a lens clip that gives me wide angle, fisheye and macro. I'd like to buy or make a camera rig. Any suggestions? I want stabilization and also the ability to put it on a tripod. I'm also looking for a cheap shotgun mic for the phone as well.

Thanks in advance for all your wonderful suggestions.

This is my setup if it gives you some ideas. Wall mounted arm, big tripod for the bigger camera, small tripod (bottom right corner) with tiny ballhead and smartphone holder. Bought it very cheap second hand. Gives me all the flexibility I need.

Attachments

• IMG_2376.JPG
    IMG_2376.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 4
Very nice setup. I built a very crappy softbox. I'm thinking about getting a couple of real ones. Do you have a rode shotgun mic? I use a blue snowball now, but I want to upgrade. Everything. Thanks for responding. Nice to see where the magic happens![DOUBLEPOST=1473178037,1473178002][/DOUBLEPOST]
This is my setup if it gives you some ideas. Wall mounted arm, big tripod for the bigger camera, small tripod (bottom right corner) with tiny ballhead and smartphone holder. Bought it very cheap second hand. Gives me all the flexibility I need.
What cameras do you use?

Yeah it's a rode shotgun mic indeed, don't know if it's any better than what you use now to be honest. And thanks for the comment, it's indeed nice to see some peak behind the scenes of others :)
The camera's I use are a Sony A6300, Sony A6000 and when I need a third angle I put my Iphone in as well. Don't like the color difference between the Sony camera's and the iPhone though but it's videos for kids and I'm sure they won't notice haha

Yeah it's a rode shotgun mic indeed, don't know if it's any better than what you use now to be honest. And thanks for the comment, it's indeed nice to see some peak behind the scenes of others :)
The camera's I use are a Sony A6300, Sony A6000 and when I need a third angle I put my Iphone in as well. Don't like the color difference between the Sony camera's and the iPhone though but it's videos for kids and I'm sure they won't notice haha
Have you ever tried using color correction? I have some plugins for Premiere and After Effects that make it quite easy. Interesting to play around with, but you're right, kids don't care. I have 5 year old twin girls myself and they barely notice when Netflix is pixelated. Zombies.

I have seen some videos of people using what they call an iographer. It's an iPhone case (many to choose from) and has two cold shoe mounts, and handles all in one. It doesn't look to bulky either. You can also attach lenses to the actual case its self, making for a great iPhone rig. Just search iographer on Google and their website should come up on the top of the list!

I have seen some videos of people using what they call an iographer. It's an iPhone case (many to choose from) and has two cold shoe mounts, and handles all in one. It doesn't look to bulky either. You can also attach lenses to the actual case its self, making for a great iPhone rig. Just search iographer on Google and their website should come up on the top of the list!
Thanks. I checked those out. Not bad. I have a limited/no budget, so I think I'll be trying to DIY myself something instead. Enjoy the crystal pepsi!

Back