Intro Clips

Frontier Forge

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
How do you guys feel about intro Clips? For example, After my verbal welcome, I have it cut to my logo with a little wild west fanfare in the background. I thought it fit my frontier, Kansas cowboy theme well, and was really proud of it. However, I've noticed in the analytics that retention starts to dip right about that point and I'm seriously considering ditching the whole intro altogether. Or if I retain an intro at all, make it like 2 seconds at the very beginning of the video perhaps? What are your thoughts on the idea of intro clips?

MrBigKid

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I include a quick few-second intro in almost every video, but never really experimented with retention.
I’m curious to maybe try a few without intros, or just incorporate the intro while the video is rolling

Reactions: Frontier Forge

Frontier Forge

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm going to try one a little different in my next video. See what happens. Have a very brief, maybe 2 seconds of just my logo and some hammering in the background

Rust Quick Electric

THE Rust Electricity Channel
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I think that introduction clips and their impact are directly correlated to the age of your audience. My audience being no greater than 25 I get more benefit than loss in having it. Trying out several different styles can definitely pin point the perfect fit.

Reactions: Frontier Forge

Frontier Forge

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think that introduction clips and their impact are directly correlated to the age of your audience. My audience being no greater than 25 I get more benefit than loss in having it. Trying out several different styles can definitely pin point the perfect fit.
Yeah I'm going to have to play around with it a little bit.