Initial Results Using Reddit

Seansie

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
I know I'm very late, but I decided to try my hand at using subreddits for getting my videos out there. I only tested it once, so obviously it isn't a great representation. However, I will say that my video was not what people usually watch and considering I got about 30 views after it being posted for a few hours, that isn't too bad (in my opinion).

How has everyone else navigated and done with Reddit? Any good or bad takeaways form it? Any tips/tricks?

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I have gotten mixed results as well, depending on where I post.
I have noticed that I don´t get a lot of views from the R/Videos section, since a lot of people are posting there and it makes it less like for me to get noticed, but if I post in the r/Sweden section I get over 100 views!

TheAustrianGuys

TeaRoller
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey that's actually a very good idea! I think if you post them at the right place it might boost your views quite a bit.
Also @TheSwedishTraveler that sounds very useful too, since there seems to be a lot of people who are looking for content creators who are from the same home country.

Coming back to your question, I have never used reddit to promote my videos but now I definitely will :D

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
30 views after a couple of hours is a great result and if your videos could get a couple of comments/likes or even dislikes it is awesome:) I use Reddit a lot for my videos cause I found out that many of them do really well there. Some of my videos are provoking (some people seem to think) and provoking videos do well on Reddit IMO. The video I have in my signature (about the school system) started on Reddit and has done extreemly well for mu standards:)

Reactions: TheAustrianGuys

Seansie

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
I have noticed that I don´t get a lot of views from the R/Videos section, since a lot of people are posting there and it makes it less like for me to get noticed, but if I post in the r/Sweden section I get over 100 views!
Hey that's awesome! Glad the Sweden section is working well for you. Yeah I can see, overall, Reddit being kind of a mixed bag in terms of the results I get. A lot of the videos I make don't have many places to post them at, so that makes it a bit more difficult[DOUBLEPOST=1517400165,1517399930][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hey that's actually a very good idea! I think if you post them at the right place it might boost your views quite a bit.
Also @TheSwedishTraveler that sounds very useful too, since there seems to be a lot of people who are looking for content creators who are from the same home country.

Coming back to your question, I have never used reddit to promote my videos but now I definitely will :D
Ayy tell us how it goes! Maybe Reddit will become a continuous resource you'll use. Glad this helped!

30 views after a couple of hours is a great result and if your videos could get a couple of comments/likes or even dislikes it is awesome:) I use Reddit a lot for my videos cause I found out that many of them do really well there. Some of my videos are provoking (some people seem to think) and provoking videos do well on Reddit IMO. The video I have in my signature (about the school system) started on Reddit and has done extreemly well for mu standards:)
I'm glad Reddit has worked in your favor. I can see why provoking videos do well on there haha. I checked out your channel real quick; Keep up the great work!

Reactions: TheAustrianGuys

coliwob

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Reddit is very resistant to people posting their own videos though. And its understandable, google plus is a wasteland of dropped off content. Posting to 10 communities there with millions of subs yields about a dozen views.

People are engaged on reddit. My advice would be get involved, make friends, and wait until you have something epic to drop there. Otherwise you are just noise in a place that doesn't like noise.

TheAustrianGuys

TeaRoller
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey that's awesome! Glad the Sweden section is working well for you. Yeah I can see, overall, Reddit being kind of a mixed bag in terms of the results I get. A lot of the videos I make don't have many places to post them at, so that makes it a bit more difficult[DOUBLEPOST=1517400165,1517399930][/DOUBLEPOST]

Ayy tell us how it goes! Maybe Reddit will become a continuous resource you'll use. Glad this helped!

I'm glad Reddit has worked in your favor. I can see why provoking videos do well on there haha. I checked out your channel real quick; Keep up the great work!
Yeah, I'll let you know how it works out over there :)

MASE

I've Got It
Reaction score
I like Reddit. It will get you initial results but if people suspect it's used for personal gain, it will eat you up. Karma. Save it for something epic.

Stike96

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I know I'm very late, but I decided to try my hand at using subreddits for getting my videos out there. I only tested it once, so obviously it isn't a great representation. However, I will say that my video was not what people usually watch and considering I got about 30 views after it being posted for a few hours, that isn't too bad (in my opinion).

How has everyone else navigated and done with Reddit? Any good or bad takeaways form it? Any tips/tricks?
I've got weird luck when it comes to social networks, first time I posted a video on Reddit I got 400 views from it in a day, never got results like that since. Then the first time I replied to a tweet on Reddit it was one of MKBHD's and he replied to me, he never replied to me since.

Shandor

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So it seems as if you have had a lot of succes with reddit. For reasons mentioned in this topic I am very skeptic about it. Will it hurt me more than do good? What are your experiences using it. I have never myself, because of the risk involved according to a lot of people.

Thanks in advance for your response! :)